Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I went to racetech and had my suspension adjusted for my weight. In the end they adjusted everything and also lowered the bike a little bit because of my weight. since then I've gone up like 20 lbs and want to raise the bike back to factory height. If I raise the bike back up will everything need to be readjusted.

·
Registered
326 Posts
In my opinion, that realy depends. I dont know why they would lower you suspension because of your weight unless you were 120-140. If your heavy then by adjusting your suspension down then you would feel every little bump you came across severly. If they lowered it alot then I believe that you feel like you were driving a big boat, having a lot play in your front end. If you adjust up alot more your front end would be more touchy, makeing your conering much tighter. If it goes back to factory, I dont know what bike you have but mine is set for about 160- 170 for factory. But I dont honestly know how much you weigh?
But if all else fails, I know the shops around Portland that I have gone to will constantly re-adjust it to fit your riding for free for a one time payment. But I dont know about the shops in your area.
Then you can really go into specifics if a racer, trail braking would be a royal pain in the arse. Your Chassis would have a hard time adjusting for exceleration out of corners braking....The list goes on. As far as stunting I dont really know all that much on but "I feel" It would play a big role just dont know in which way. But then again I dont know how much you weigh, just that you put 20 lbs on. You a heafty person tall and skinny short and feather weight?

·
Registered
326 Posts
K so the next question, is what type of riding and how much do you push your skills? You may feel your rear end constantly chopping (jumping) when you really dig into your corners. Check your back tire and look for triangle points, instead of a smooth line on your chicken scratches. If your doing the adjustments yourself you have to take the compression and recoil of your suspension into account (which I am pretty sure is on this forum somewhere).

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would set your race sag again to get the proper sag front and rear. there are multiple threads and links in this forum on how to do it right. or try www.onthethrottle set up videos. they will give you a good overview. its hard to tell you what you need without knowing if your shock was revalved, spring rates, etc. but setting proper sag will help determine what you may need to do.
racetech tech support may still have your proper valving and setup on file if you do need a different spring or valving stack. due to weight gain and skill level increase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.