Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Ram air intake duct loose-feels faster?

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  mjv 
#1 ·
My left side intake boot is a little loose. Bike has felt amazing tonight. 17 gsxr 750. Been riding about 8 years and definitely get to know my bikes. It feels faster than usual. Could this be because the tube is a little open,

#6 ·
Di sect what your ram air intakes do first. At lower speeds the air coming through the ram airs do not build any positive pressure into the airbox.
Once your speed increases lets say 60mph and above the incoming air created positive pressure(more than atmospheric pressure) and adds boost to your intake charge.

So a loose boot would allow some of this charge to escape(intake pressure leak)
"IF" you did happen to gain more HP because of a slight ram air leak, it would tell me your fuel mixture was too lean to begin with.

Reactions: Spyder13
#9 ·
When I had no front fairing, intake ducts, or headlight on the bike I have now the front wheel came off the ground a lot easier under acceleration in first gear(I know it was a little lighter but not by much) but I've never taken it over 100mph like that so idk. Did sounds a bit different. Much more fluttering. A 750 as well but an older one than yours.

#12 ·
Front fairing, head light, and all the other stuff that goes with those two is actually a considerable weight savings in a the correct area to make wheelies easier. Think about how many people say their bikes wheelie easier with half a tank of gas or lower. When your dealing with power to weight ratios as good as these bikes and weights well under 500 lbs even cutting 15lbs is a lot. You also change the COG and balance points depending on where you cut it from.

Consider a power lifter who has maxed a lift out at 485lbs. Throw another 10lbs on the bar and tell him, sure it's a few lbs but now much.

Way off topic now but something to think about. OP, glad your bike still feels strong. Tis the HP making season now at night time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.