Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hade purchased these ramps online after researching a bit. I learned 2 are better 'cause you can walk beside the bike on one with the bike on the other. Less likely to drop, etc.
This set is sold in a pair! They had a $20 discount code too, and no shipping costs.
They were $140 USD total.
They claim rating at 750# / per ramp, so 1500#'s total.

They're Alumimum- won't rust, etc. They are heavy duty, about 35#'s total. So each ramp is foldable and easy to manage.
I figured I was going to have to assemble something when they arrived.
Nope, Nadda. Each one came in a sealed

They have the slight bend in it as well.

Although very stable, they also some with a really nice adjustable strap the hooks to the truck, carrier to keep the ramps there all the time.

This pic shows how well they are made and welded. No assembly required- that was nice!

I can use them when I need to for my riding mower, etc.

If for some reason they don't work as planned, I'll post a follow up.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can park your truck where it is lower than the ramps it will decrease the angle and make it easier.
Right WB. That was just a 'mock-up' to check out those additional straps.
When the Gix goes on, it'' be way more level too.
I'll start it and walk it up using the clutch.

Reactions: Winchester Boy

·
Professional Rick Roller
969 Posts
I got mine from Harbor Freight. They don't have that arch to them so finding a spot to lower the back end of the truck is almost a necessity.
I only paid $80 for the set though.
They do fold up as well.

·
Registered
742 Posts
"I'll start it and walk it up using the clutch."
I've always thought that a cheap electric winch, perhaps with a 1000 pound rating, would be a better way. You'd sit on the bike and press a button to pull it up the ramp. Harbor Freight has one for $65, though you'd probably have to extend the leads to the remote.

Where'd you buy the ramps?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine from Harbor Freight. They don't have that arch to them so finding a spot to lower the back end of the truck is almost a necessity.
I only paid $80 for the set though.
They do fold up as well.
I saw those too Leroy.
That slight bend on the upper part really helps from keeping the fairing from bottoming out though.
IIRC- these had better reviews too?

"I'll start it and walk it up using the clutch."
I've always thought that a cheap electric winch, perhaps with a 1000 pound rating, would be a better way. You'd sit on the bike and press a button to pull it up the ramp. Harbor Freight has one for $65, though you'd probably have to extend the leads to the remote.

Where'd you buy the ramps?
I've walked beside 'clutching it up' before, won't be a problem. When trying to ride it up, while doable, is where people run into problems LOL

Bill, I don't think this was the site- I didn't get an email about delivery, but I think these are the same ones, for about the same price:

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,621 Posts
Those look to be really nice quality.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,783 Posts
I actually have one ramp of that same design. Got it for $60 because it's serial number "mate" was damaged. Good ramps.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have one ramp of that same design. Got it for $60 because it's serial number "mate" was damaged. Good ramps.
If I had one, I'd clutch it up/ brake it down and stand on a box, toolbox, etc. beside the one ramp. I've had good luck doing that. YMMV!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,621 Posts
Never buy anything from Wish. It's NEVER as good as it looks. Most cases it's not even close...

·
Registered
742 Posts
^Interesting info. Wish says the ramps are sold by AdornCute but they seem to be a Chinese supplier of housewares, which makes me wonder about them. Returning them is essentially impossible. More than half of the reviews here were 1 star.

In looking into ramps a bit there seem to be several characteristics to be aware of:
  • material of construction, steel or aluminum (aluminum is lighter and won't rust, steel is potentially stronger)
  • arched or not (there can be clearance issues loading motorcycles with non-arched ramps)
  • length, I think Todd's are 90" but I also see 84" (longer means less loading angle but could cause stowage issues)
  • width, I see 9" and 12" (9" is OK if you have two ramps but I'd want 12" if I only had one)
  • foldable or not
My brother has a 12" x 84" arched, non-folding aluminum ramp that someone gave him. It fits nicely in the truck's bed. It's an old design and strong enough that he secures it by putting it on the ground and driving the truck's front wheel onto it (irk!). We've used it many times but it's generally a two person job, which is what got me thinking about a winch per above.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my ramps worked great to get the bike in the back of my truck and also to get it out of the truck. I’m set up now at Blackhawk farms track. I clutched it up one of them and I walked up the other one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts