Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes did that as well still no codes . How ever I did more probing around and found out that it does have spark . The first time we checked to see if it had fire was buy sticking a screwdriver in the plug boot . Probably not the right way but when we was on the side of the highway we didn’t have much choice lol . So last night I was in my shop and had some old plugs stuck them in and sure enough I got spark !! Now I can spray some carb cleaner in the throttle bodies and it will run .

·
Super Moderator
10,385 Posts
Yes did that as well still no codes . How ever I did more probing around and found out that it does have spark . The first time we checked to see if it had fire was buy sticking a screwdriver in the plug boot . Probably not the right way but when we was on the side of the highway we didn’t have much choice lol . So last night I was in my shop and had some old plugs stuck them in and sure enough I got spark !! Now I can spray some carb cleaner in the throttle bodies and it will run .
Well that answers the previous question.

Is the fuel pump running when you press the starter button? (put your ear to the tank to make sure)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes fuel pump does come on . It is a new pump has about an hour run time on it . With that being said do you think it’s a bad ECM ? It almost seems to me the injection is not getting signal. Is that possible ? How do I go about checking something like that ?

·
Super Moderator
10,385 Posts
Yes fuel pump does come on . It is a new pump has about an hour run time on it . With that being said do you think it’s a bad ECM ? It almost seems to me the injection is not getting signal. Is that possible ? How do I go about checking something like that ?
Before going too deep, I would do a fuel pressure test. Since you just messed with the fuel pump there is the possibility that something popped loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok guys so i got it going again!! Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions. So the problem was in the fuel pump so apparently the clip that holds the fuel pressure regulator came off . Allowing to fall in the bottom of the tank . Fixed the problem now it has a slight stumbling when I accelerate pretty hard .

·
Super Moderator
10,385 Posts
Ok guys so i got it going again!! Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions. So the problem was in the fuel pump so apparently the clip that holds the fuel pressure regulator came off . Allowing to fall in the bottom of the tank . Fixed the problem now it has a slight stumbling when I accelerate pretty hard .
Sounds good. Did you do a fuel pressure test after you got it back together?

·
Super Moderator
10,385 Posts
Did u ever figure it out having same issue
Welcome.

If you read a couple of posts up, you will see that he replaced the fuel pump then did not get the pressure regulator clipped in so it fell out.

You might want to start a new thread describing as best you can your "same issue".

21 - 29 of 29 Posts