Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, am new around here.
I was wondering if I can reuse the old clutch springs cause I didn’t find any close to me. All I can find is a kit with gasket, fibers and steels but no springs.
My second problem is when I shift from 1st to 2nd is very hard whither its up or down is it because my clutch is damaged or is it because of something else?. Thank u guys

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys, am new around here.
I was wondering if I can reuse the old clutch springs cause I didn’t find any close to me. All I can find is a kit with gasket, fibers and steels but no springs.
My second problem is when I shift from 1st to 2nd is very hard whither its up or down is it because my clutch is damaged or is it because of something else?. Thank u guys

Did you check the springs with calipers to see if they were all still within oem limits?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt check yet but is there any symptoms for bad springs? Without opening it? Cause i found EBC kit for sale but alot of people saying the EBC springs are a pain in the a**

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Well, Why did you rebuild the clutch? Was it slipping?
Did you do the 3 point adjustment properly on the old clutch?
Did you know that revving the engine a lot with the clutch pulling in shortens the plates life some?
Yes, if the springs are worn out (provide less tension), then the clutch might slip under load.
Sounds like you might have an adjustment issue?

Sorry if I missed it, but how about an introduction post, year, size of your gixxer, etc.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Why did you rebuild the clutch? Was it slipping?
Did you do the 3 point adjustment properly on the old clutch?
Did you know that revving the engine a lot with the clutch pulling in shortens the plates life some?
Yes, if the springs are worn out (provide less tension), then the clutch might slip under load.
Sounds like you might have an adjustment issue?

Sorry if I missed it, but how about an introduction post, year, size of your gixxer, etc.?
Its a 2007 gsxr 600 it has 30,000 km in good shape but the previous owner is a kid that doesn’t know anything about bikes so he just revs it alot and do wheelies.
Sorry for the lack of info but I was in hurry
Didn’t rebuild the clutch yet am looking for the full kit. The clutch at high rpm slipps at 5th and 6th gear and that was 2 months ago. Last week the clutch slipps in 2nd so I figured change the whole set to avoid in future problems.
Thank u dude for your patience.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Have you tried shifting up gears without the clutch?

As you accelerate in first, ease off the throttle and knock it into second and then back on the gas. Same for all up shifts. I never used my clutch to change up gears.

As others have said, before spending $ on a new kit, it’s worth doing a proper adjustment as per the service manual. PM me your email address and I’ll send you a service manual if you don’t have one.

Also, have you changed the oil since you bought the bike? Perhaps the PO used car engine oil in it which can cause slipping in wet clutches. Might be as simple as changing the oil....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have unused/unopened oem springs in the garage somewhere, just need to make sure I have all six.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts