Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Gixxer Master
203 Posts
Let's get it together, boys and girls. There are so many of these crashes that, unfortunately, could have been easily avoided by the rider, or were caused by the rider. I'm not blaming the riders for all of them, but SO many could be avoided. It's sad. The youngest of this 4 was a 20 y/o woman.

Learn from these crashes and unnecessary fatalities.

• Don't ride beyond your skill.
  • Don't ride with riders who encourage (or seemingly force) you to do so.
  • Don't pressure a newer, less experienced rider.
  • To the total noobs, don't buy a bike that's not very forgiving.
  • Watch where you're going.
  • Dress for the crash.
  • Know that no one sees you.
There's a million more. Please feel free to contribute. I'm stickying this for a while.

Everyone, ride safe.[/QUOTE]

I know this is a older thread but it touches me everyone that rides should read this before acting stupid.. The main thing is i think ppl should remember as stated above NO ONE SEES YOU so no matter what weather its passing, sitting at a stop light, riding behind always stay aware because all it takes is one slip up and ur in the tribute to the fallen..

·
Registered
109 Posts
i just walked away from my first serious wreck. reading all this really hits close to home. my mom was in tears over a few bumps and bruises. i couldnt imagine what she would be like if i died on my bike. usually i expect the worst from every driver.. i expect that im invisible to everyone and that i have to take everything into my own hands.. people are idiots when theyre driving. before i started riding, i admit i would talk on the phone, eat, read texts while driving, but after being on two wheels i realize that peoples lives are at risk when i do things like that.. lane splitting is illigal in texas. but i still do it anyway.. its saved my a$$ like 3 times already. i hate to read that people die doing the thing i love most.. rest in peace fallen friend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
bumping this thread. but also keep in mind that when riding in groups and especially when staggered.....watch out for the guy in front and behind you. i have seen more close calls because someone got distracted and zipped into another riders personal space. also if you arent comfortable with the way the pack is running, stay in the back. dont get mixed in the middle of seasoned riders. we love to ride and many love to ride fast. we run the backroads with pace but keep in mind the dangers that lurk on the roadside. there are two times a year in my area that scare me most. the spring and the fall. deer are moving most in these times of the year. just some thoughts.

·
Suprising6
27 Posts
RIP to the rider and condolences to his family. Thanks to everybody for posting safe tips on here as well, every lil bit helps.

Thank you,

41 - 44 of 44 Posts