Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello again I'm having some problems I took off the old break pads which were held on by the two pins and 1 spring that goes up into the pins. I tried to push on the rear brake and nothing just the foot level goes all the way down any advice? Or did I do soMething wrong?:cool:

·
Registered
612 Posts
bleed brakes and if that doesn' fix it check to see if the pistons in the calipers are stuck. If you pushed super dirty pistons back in the calipers it isn't that good for operating. But since you say the pedal goes all the way it's not making sense for anything but air compressing instead of fluid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How to bleed

That's what I thougt as well too but here is the big dilema I don't know how to bleed brakes I have the clymer guide but not in my possession maybe someone can give me a brief tutorial thank you

·
Registered
364 Posts
That's what I thougt as well too but here is the big dilema I don't know how to bleed brakes I have the clymer guide but not in my possession maybe someone can give me a brief tutorial thank you
The rear brake is easier to bleed than the front, just open the nipple connect a clear hose to it, using your hand push the brake lever down to watch the fluid run thru the hose to get the air bubbles out of the line. When the fluid is steady close off the nipple and top off the brake fluid. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.