Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was riding today and all the sudden my back brake pretty much locked on but it was ridable. i could smell it just burning up and after a few miles after that it just gave out...i had no back brake. so i took it slow for a while and it came back but everytime i would use it it would stay locked on. what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Sounds like the caliper is sticking. You may have something that got it self between the piston and the wall... Dirt etc etc... What year is the bike? How many miles on it? when was the last time you did/checked the brakes/fluid? Could have water in the sys and caused it to rust causing it to stick like that...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 2001 600. uh its been awhile since i changed the brake fluid i guess i should probably do that. my friend said something about the master cylinder...could it have anything to do with that

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
its a 2001 600. uh its been awhile since i changed the brake fluid i guess i should probably do that. my friend said something about the master cylinder...could it have anything to do with that
I have the same bike...
Yeah if some water got into it it... I would flush some fluid through it till it comes out as clear as it was coming out of the bottle (the whole sys.) For that matter i would do both front and rear. You can get condensate that will build up in the reservoir's and that will cause this type of problem.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Also fyi if you dont already know the fluid should be clear not cloudy you should be able to see through it... it should be changed at least once a year or when starts to look cloudy. (I do mine every 6 months or as needed)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.