Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I wanted to know if anyone could give me a few hints on what could be cause my rear right turn signal not to activate.

To start off I’m good on the basics of wiring so everything is cleaned up. Last owner had gunky tap and unnecessary wires all over the place (right side tail and turn lights didn’t work already).

I ordered a integrated light with built in turn signals. And Im still not able to get the right side to activate. Maybe I’m using the wrong wire I thought, but there is literally only one other wire, that I am certain is the ground (have to see it to understand my uncertainty)

I could bring it to a shop but I really wanted to be as hands on as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Major

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,008 Posts
Welcome.

There were no wiring diagram/instructions with the light?

Just a guess, but LEDs are polarity sensitive so it may be hooked up backwards?

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No instructions but it’s pretty straight forward. As I stated in the post, the original lighting system didn’t work, so now after changing it out I’m thinking it’s deeper than a than plug and play.

i did attempt to swap the wires but I may have been a little frustrated about another part of the bike I was working on and had bad/loose wires. Will try that again today.

chuckster...I’m not sure what reading you are talking about brother

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm thinking that there ought to be five wires to it. Tail light, brake light, right turn, left turn, and ground. You ought to be able to figure it out with a 12 V supply and a voltmeter.

With a wiring diagram and a voltmeter you could check the wiring harness at the point where it connects to the integrated light. But the turn signal leads might need a load to work properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking that there ought to be five wires to it. Tail light, brake light, right turn, left turn, and ground. You ought to be able to figure it out with a 12 V supply and a voltmeter.

With a wiring diagram and a voltmeter you could check the wiring harness at the point where it connects to the integrated light. But the turn signal leads might need a load to work properly.
Yes and no. The tail and brake are in one housing clip (terminology check) and then the other 3 are free.

I watched a video on the same unit where the guy tapped off his ground.

this leaves me with 2, where I can get the left turn signal working just not the right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and no. The tail and brake are in one housing clip (terminology check) and then the other 3 are free.

I watched a video on the same unit where the guy tapped off his ground.

this leaves me with 2, where I can get the left turn signal working just not the right.
You were right. He had the damn right turn taped and tucked away...wtf!?!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts