Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a rear tire myself. I mainly commute with my bike. To work everyday, if I'm going anywhere I can take the bike, I do. I don't do alot of racing or track riding.............yet. I am looking at the Bridgestone BT020. What do you guys think is the best mileage yet decent perfomace tire??

·
Registered
23 Posts
gixxer=god said:
I am looking for a rear tire myself. I mainly commute with my bike. To work everyday, if I'm going anywhere I can take the bike, I do. I don't do alot of racing or track riding.............yet. I am looking at the Bridgestone BT020. What do you guys think is the best mileage yet decent perfomace tire??
hi! the best is bt14 or bt10 brigestone batlax is the best !

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I ride to work everyday, 38 miles round trip, and use the Pilot Power. Love em.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys get alot of miles out of these tires?? Would I be safe getting these or will they wear out in no time? Would I be better off getting high mileage tires??

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
First off what do you consider good mileage out of a tire?

·
Registered
128 Posts
gixxer=god said:
The BT020's were discontinued and replaced with the BT014's They are better anyway, the tire has a better shape which makes dropping it down alot smoother....I have used the Michelins too, but I prefer the Bridgestone. To each his/her own

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got2josh said:
I had micheline maccadams (sp?) on my katana and got 10k out of front and rear.
That's pretty good mileage. I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and get performance tires. I want a high mileage tire but they all look like granny tires! I'd like somthing I can get a years riding on at least. I put on over 10K a year though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Don't know if this helps out but I have had BT010's 012ss's and Diablo's on a K2 1000 they all last about 3k miles Also had BT12's and 014's on my K4Z they lasted the same or a little less but give better grip. I had BT020's on a 1200 Bandit also Macadams they lasted about 8 - 10k. Its cheaper to replace tyres than it is panels.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have ran the factory dunlops on my 03 750 in about 4k miles.. then went with a Metzler which gave me great grip on the track... I've also used a newer tire by Continental... Yeah I know... I wouldn't suggest it if you like the twisties or if you take it to the track but it seems to grip ok and I have gotten pretty good mileage out of them... They don't looke like a granny tire and cost me about $140 for the pair.. I mounted them myself so not much for labor to install them, just the balance... I can get them pretty cheap through my work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.