Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's input on rearsets? Are they a waste of money or not? If not, who makes the best rearset?

Chris

·
Registered
210 Posts
i don't know if they're the best on the market...actually i know theyre not...but i love my Vortex rear sets, i bought my bike used and needed sets and although I wanted Sato's I went with the cheaper alternative and opted for Vortex. So far so good, ZERO complains...functions correctly, is easily adjustable, and looks beautiful :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is everyone's input on rearsets? Are they a waste of money or not? If not, who makes the best rearset?

Chris
What do you mean by waste of money? I mean the stock ones do the job, but if you want higher pegs or just some bling then you have to get aftermarket ones.

I personally don't really get the whole rearset and new lever thing.

·
Registered
707 Posts
if you are riding at an angle were your OEM sets are dragging, than rearsets are not a waste of money. If you have to replace tires because the center of it is flat, than yes they are a waste of money

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What do you mean by waste of money? I mean the stock ones do the job, but if you want higher pegs or just some bling then you have to get aftermarket ones.

I personally don't really get the whole rearset and new lever thing.
You don't understand new levers?? Are you serious? Ride with a pair of good shorty levers and you'll see the difference. I will NEVER go back to riding stock levers again.

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
If you are a serious track/ back roads rider, rear sets will make a difference in your comfort, traction, positioning, control and ground clearance.

If want even more adjustability, get a set of after market Clip-ons

I recommend Woodcraft and Vortex

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
if you are riding at an angle were your OEM sets are dragging, than rearsets are not a waste of money. If you have to replace tires because the center of it is flat, than yes they are a waste of money
Or because your bike is low and long yet you still manage to drag your toes on the ground when you go around turns!

If you are a serious track/ back roads rider, rear sets will make a difference in your comfort, traction, positioning, control and ground clearance.

If want even more adjustability, get a set of after market Clip-ons

I recommend Woodcraft and Vortex
I'll be looking into rear sets soon simply because the position my feet are in and as low as my bike sits, I'm constantly hitting my foot on the ground and to be honest, i'm not tryin to mess up my fresh pumas!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
dragging sets and dragging toes is two different things. If you are considering new rearsets because your toes are dragging than your body position/foot position is the likley cause of the problem

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I don’t have any fancy riding boots but bet ur ass you will always catch me wearing lid, gloves, jacket, jeans and NEVER-NEVER a pair of tennis shoes. i at least rock the steel toes. i have seen so many accident pics/and first hand and the first thing to usually leave the body is the shoes. i don’t understand why plp wear a brand new pair of kicks with a sock over them or shoe guard just to look kool. ride the mutha fuking thing. If ur going slow enough for plp to check out ur 150$$ air Jordan’s. then your shit is prob stretched and you live in Florida. j/j all you stretched and Miami guy's but you get the idea.. last yr i was @ a light in all my gear in august (middle of summer) well over 115 degs. this kid pulls up to me @ the light with this smoking hot gurl on the back. he says man I don’t know how you ride in this heat with all that on while laughing @ me. they are both wearing shorts (girl real short shorts) and tank tops. the light turns green and he burns off not even 1/4 mile up the road a car pulls out of a parking lot and BAM!!!!!!! they go down. i stop to help him out and it took everything i had not to say I told you so but I could see they were fuked up enough not to hear my comments. i do need to get some good riding boots cause I tend to drag my foot a lot in good corners.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Toe dragging is for riders that don't have a clue about riding position. Try this drill, get on your bike with your heels hooked on to the pegs like 95% of street riders do and then try to stand up a little and adjust your body from side to side. It's unstable and you're off balance. Now try to do the same thing with you being on the balls of your feet. You have balance, feel, and control. Aftermarket rearsets also offer a more crisp shift and the pegs are rigid which offer the rider a much more stable platform to move around on the bike. Stock pegs wiggle too much because they are spring loaded. The regid peg also can protect the bike in a lowside as well and can be replaced for about $25 whereas the stock peg will fold and allow possible damage to the rest of the rearset and case covers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just throwing this out, but Puma makes a riding boot. A riding boot I wouldn't trust, but a riding boot all the same....

Anyhow, Woodcraft rearsets for me. They allow for the use of stock pedals, as well as stock pegs. A great feature in an emergency.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got vortex:

*Easy to adjust
*Easy to install
*Good material, everything feels really solid, no flexing
*Super easy to set GP shift
*Lots of adjustment for foot position, all the way up and back is way up there!
*The resting position is adjustable too
*Really sharp pegs hold your boots

Cons: - i lost use of my rear brake light actuator. i think you can get past that, i just chose not to cause it looked like more work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got vortex:

*Easy to adjust
*Easy to install
*Good material, everything feels really solid, no flexing
*Super easy to set GP shift
*Lots of adjustment for foot position, all the way up and back is way up there!
*The resting position is adjustable too
*Really sharp pegs hold your boots

Cons: - i lost use of my rear brake light actuator. i think you can get past that, i just chose not to cause it looked like more work.
its only ONE cable for the brake light actuator...its another $25-40 depending on where you order it from.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.