Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is the pic of the plug.

this would mean that my Rectifier is bad correct? and if i'm thinking right the 2 that are burnt controle my injectors and fuelpump.. How much of the wiring do i need to replace if any or am i going to have to bite the bullet and get a hole new wiring harness??

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Unless the harness is toasted all the way up it should be fine... Jst strip the burnt wires back until you get to good unburnt wire and cut it off there and replace that part....

·
Registered
552 Posts
I dont think any wires go directly from the r/r to the injectors. Not sure where they all go. The bike dosnt have one big harness, its made up of a few diffrent parts that plug in to make the whole shebang. So at the most you would only have to replace that once section of the harness. But I would probably take flyin_low's advice first and just cut that plug off back where the wire is good and just use some crimp on blade connectors and wire it back up to the r/r. Just make sure you get the wires all hooked up the same way they would with the plug, i.e. red to red, black to black, etc etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
would the burnt mean that my R/R is bad with it being that way tho? i dont really want to spend the cash if that's not my problem. and it's just the clips that are burnt and the case that's melted the wires are still good.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Hardwire it with the same guage wire and then you will have one less week link to your electrical system. The system could be bad butthe only way to tell is to check it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most likely the rectifier is toasted. I saw the same thing happen on an R1. I might have a spare rectifier laying around. Send me a PM if you need one. I also can give you the specs to test your stator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.