Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K7 750 with 6300miles on it, yesterday I went to start my bike and it usially starts within 5 sec. It dragged on for about 15sec then I stopped cranking it over, as soon as I stopped my red light started flashing and the FI came on. I turned the key off and back on cranked it again and it fired right up and nothing was flashing.

Well today I went to start it and the same thing only I turned the key off and back on 3 diff times before it started and once it was running nothing was flashing. It seems like once its warmed up there is no problem, how would I go about retreaving the code its throwing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a K7 750 with 6300miles on it, yesterday I went to start my bike and it usially starts within 5 sec. It dragged on for about 15sec then I stopped cranking it over, as soon as I stopped my red light started flashing and the FI came on. I turned the key off and back on cranked it again and it fired right up and nothing was flashing.

Well today I went to start it and the same thing only I turned the key off and back on 3 diff times before it started and once it was running nothing was flashing. It seems like once its warmed up there is no problem, how would I go about retreaving the code its throwing?
search the forums for "Dealer mode" should help you out

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

try the search on these forums man. i had that same problem... there's different things it could be but my reason was the exhaust servo. cost 400+ to replace so instead i ended up getting a full exhaust to completely bypass that servo. i heard they break often.

the cause(in my case): the servo regulates your back pressure on the stock exhaust. when it breaks it gets stuck open or closed. that's what sparks the FI code in this scenario.

also, check your plugs. i heard that could be the reason too. but i have no problem with mine and i got 11500 mi on my 07 750.

good luck brosiff! :hmmm:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put it in dealer mode and turned it on and it was showing the C00 meaning nothing wrong. Do you think the only way Im going to catch what code is throwing is to have it in dealer mode when I first start it for the day, since thats when its doing it?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I put it in dealer mode and turned it on and it was showing the C00 meaning nothing wrong. Do you think the only way Im going to catch what code is throwing is to have it in dealer mode when I first start it for the day, since thats when its doing it?
that's the servo i believe. that's what the dealer told me when they checked my bike. before they even put it their garage they told me, "99% of these bikes' servos go out too often when the FI light pops up." at least that's what they said. after my exhaust was replaced it went away. THAT'S JUST ONE THING THOUGH. nothing's garaunteed. good luck again.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but I thought the light had to be on and the FI on the gauge cluster for you to actually get the code its throwing. I put my bike in dealer mode to adjust my TPS before any of this happened and it was showing the C00 then.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
try the search on these forums man. i had that same problem... there's different things it could be but my reason was the exhaust servo. cost 400+ to replace so instead i ended up getting a full exhaust to completely bypass that servo. i heard they break often.

the cause(in my case): the servo regulates your back pressure on the stock exhaust. when it breaks it gets stuck open or closed. that's what sparks the FI code in this scenario.
If that happens you can put your hand over the end of the exhaust and create the back pressure and the bike "should" start. I've done it several times at the track on these newer GSXRs.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so Im guessin the motor that controls the set valve isnt working some of the time, and not closing to make the back pressure needed to start?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have my bike in dealer mode to try and catch the code it throws when it does it next, is that going to mess anything up riding it like that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.