Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My first post.
I have my Sons GSXR 750 2006 track bike apart to fit some new gears and dogs.
that’s all done but no matter where I look I can’t find any info in refitting the housing about fitting the selector forks onto the main engine.
The engine is upside down but the selector forks are loose and swing all over and getting them in the grove of the change dog is going to be difficult without messing with the sealant Between the cases.
I have suspended it ready to lower slowly as it seems the only way but I can’t believe there is no info out there on this. Looked through loads of you tube videos but can’t find this.
any advice
Thanks
Engineering Machine Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Gas Machine Auto part Metal

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all
My first post.
I have my Sons GSXR 750 2006 track bike apart to fit some new gears and dogs.
that’s all done but no matter where I look I can’t find any info in refitting the housing about fitting the selector forks onto the main engine.
The engine is upside down but the selector forks are loose and swing all over and getting them in the grove of the change dog is going to be difficult without messing with the sealant Between the cases.
I have suspended it ready to lower slowly as it seems the only way but I can’t believe there is no info out there on this. Looked through loads of you tube videos but can’t find this.
any advice
Thanks View attachment 299641
View attachment 299640
Assemble the gearbox in the bottom crankcase, not the top! Job done :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got the cases together.
pin on large bearing caught me out but got it now.
original Suzuki sealant is dam good stuff . Sticks like S… to a blanket.
Hoorah, god save the king!
Be careful with the sealant (as I am sure you already know if you are building up one of these engines)... one excess blob finding its way into an oil gallery and you are screwed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts