Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my notice in the mail today...$150 :damn: That sound about right? I have custom plates, which put only $30 more on it. But damn. Just moved down here from Minnesota, where registration renewal is $35/year. I really want to hang someone for this.

·
Registered
155 Posts
2006 Suzuki GSXR1000 = $154 (no custom plates) :headscrat

2006 Acura TL = $353 :wtf:

No wonder people move away and never come back.

And I read somewhere they are trying to pass a law so ALL motorcycles have to have a smog check!!! And another bill in the works is to smog all vehicles every year AND move the exemption date back 10 years.

I sure hope the Govenator does something........SOON!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn...that's kinda high. I'm in corona too and just paid $93 for my renewal. Not sure why it would be any different for you. I heard the legislation about the smog as well....lets hope that it doesn't pass. The governator rides himself so maybe he'll place it in the back burner.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Holy shit, that's ridiculous. I Did my renewal 6 days ago in PA. 2006 GSXR 600 - A whopping $18.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bee that allows us to have such a great welfare oops I mean highway system :) When you pay it remember we can split lanes which will ease the pain a little!
Funny that you mention that, because everyone I talk to about registration will mention the welfare system! I guess lane splitting does ease the pain, thanks for the condolences. I still wanna bust someone's ass though :chucks:

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
my tags are due in June they want $112, it's a 98 750 with no custom plates...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got my notice in the mail today...$150 :damn: That sound about right? I have custom plates, which put only $30 more on it. But damn. Just moved down here from Minnesota, where registration renewal is $35/year. I really want to hang someone for this.
The reason it is so high is you have to pay for the sun shine and warm weather.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,258 Posts
The state is broke, and they know we have to drive/ ride so they stick their hands in our pockets.

I have a lot of cars, mostly Honda's I have more then 1/2 of then on none op right now because of the amount of $$$$ they want me to pay to register them.

Pretty soon I will be registering all my cars out in Texas and CA DMVcan go to hell.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I guess with all the laws and fees of MA... this one isnt that bad.

30 bucks for renewal

·
Registered
193 Posts
here in Alberta I belive its $67 per vehicle, no matter the make or model.... the plates are registered to your name (with the vehicle on them) as opposed to being registered to the car. so if you sell a car, you keep the plates..

and Trailer plates are $120 for life.... lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
2006 Suzuki GSXR1000 = $154 (no custom plates) :headscrat

2006 Acura TL = $353 :wtf:

No wonder people move away and never come back.

And I read somewhere they are trying to pass a law so ALL motorcycles have to have a smog check!!! And another bill in the works is to smog all vehicles every year AND move the exemption date back 10 years.

I sure hope the Govenator does something........SOON!!!
I also need to renew my tags; DMV told me that there was a recent inflation on fees starting this year....who knows, but I'd still take Cali weather over any place in the US :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.