Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to patch or replace my oil pan on my 97 gsxr 750. I was planning on taking off the headers so I can get at the pan. I've talked to a few mechanics and some other people and they all say that the bolts holding the headers to the engine block are going to break off when I try to remove them. I've been around cars and machines enough at work that breaking off rusty bolts can be a real pain. What do you guys think? The bike is a 97 and I haven't had it that long so it is possible they are the original headers. There is some rust on the bolts too. One mechanic even told me to try to bend the pipe away from the pan enough to get in there with some JB weld - this seems like it could be harder than taking off the headers since I would have to bend/kink the header which is a inner pipe of the 4 away a few inches to get at the crack!

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Never tried taking off headers on a bike older than an 01 and that was easy and no rust was on the bolts.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
WD-40 and use correct allen and you will be okay. Don't take one all the way out just break loosen until you are able to turn it then goto next one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.