Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
You need to have one if you want the system to operate as designed.

That being said, you can run a hose to one anywhere on the bike. I've seen a few with the expansion tank in the tail.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
Yes, that what I was thinking, running it to a different style can.
As long as the hose from the radiator is attached to the bottom so it can pull the coolant back in as the bike cools down it will be fine. And a vent in the top going overboard.of course.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
742 Posts
Don't know exactly what you're up to but if you're trying to get if away from the front, take a look at K7/K8 1000 (and possibly others). There it's mounted on a bracket on the breather cover behind the cylinders and beneath the fuel pump.

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,621 Posts
I have a '95 750, and it is mounted on the left side of the tail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm building a Motogymkhana bike and it will have no fairing so it's ugly sticking out there. I did have a 2007 1k and remember it hidden. I'll look into that as well. I also picked up some parts today to just build a thin overflow tank in the same area. Thanks.

·
SuperMod of the North
28,441 Posts
Sounds like a cool project Tepco. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do, I have a YouTube channel I put all my builds on but don't want to list it here in fear of getting blocked. The Gixxer forum spammed me for using my YouTube channel name for my username? Anyway yes it's an awesome project and have some custom GSXR parts on it as well as a custom headlight bracket I'm having a company design just for the GSXR forks. I'm also designing some crash bars specifically for Motogymkhana. If mods will allow me to list my channel name I will but for now here is a sneak pic.

Attachments

·
SuperMod of the North
28,441 Posts
Yeah, you can post a link. I asked, you supplied. It only gets weird if you start dropping links all over the site every time you update something or post a new vid - that won't fly. Adding content is appreciated, looking for subscribers and likes is not.

You could just start a build thread and post progress on the bike there. I made a build thread and used videos to more easily show what was happening - I don't have a "channel" per se but did host them on YouTube.

Reactions: Spyder13 and Tepco

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I don't do anything like that and I didn't do that over there. I didn't even get to post at all, they just Spammed me for my username. (Which I changed for them) I think what I'm doing on these builds is helpful to the community. I only post links when people have questions about things that I have covered to help them resolve their issue. Thanks for listening, it's more than they let me do for just my username.
Here is my channel if anyone is interested. This build is in progress and it won't be on until it's done but I have addressed some FI issues as well as aftermarket ignition switch problems coming this Monday for the GSXR's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So whipped this up while I search out an under seat tank from an 07. It will do the job, I wanted to use aluminum but couldn't find what I needed.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts