Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
This is coming in rather late but may help others. I remeasured the K6 1000 OEM bar angle last night and got 9°. Tried to be more careful this time. There are some 50 mm Sansei clip-ons with a 10° angle here. However they also make them with a 5° angle as part number 0-35-5180 and I'll bet that Simon can get them too. He states that the clamp bodies are actually made by Takeda Engineering/Tachyon. That's encouraging but if you look at pics of the original Tachyon clip-ons, now discontinued, they seem to be finished to a higher level. In any event, the 5° angle should raise the end of the bar up by .65" relative to the OEM 9°. That's less than but close to the .75" that the OEM bar centerline sits above the clamp. So the two might have the same clearance above the intake cover at full lock. I can't find a Sansei website to see if they have more information. As said earlier, I really like hinged design clip-ons because you can remove/install them without fooling with the forks.

Another issue is material of construction. Renthal used to make theirs of 7075-T6 but recalled them, apparently because of a problem with stress corrosion cracking. They switched to 2014-T6. Sansei uses a rather obscure 7N01 aluminum. I can't find much about it but it seems to have little or no copper, which I think is the issue with 7075. The Tachyon's were made from 6061-T651. Vortex clip-ons are currently made from 7075 and I'm suspicious of them. Don't know what others use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi again folks

Can anybody tell me the proper name for this connector please? Is it what they call a Dupont connector?

I am in the process of wiring in the Motion Pro handlebar switch that accompanies the Rev2 throttle. The Motion Pro switch came with bare wire ends so I would like to source some more of these female connectors to connect the wires into the connector block that sits under the airbox. Trouble is, I can't immediately see any of this size and style on Amazon, ebay etc.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
SuperMod of the North
26,509 Posts
I am not sure what the proper name is, I would have called it a female spade connector. Any set of push connectors would work if it is a wire to wire connection and you are swapping both sides.

Reactions: Tentontimmy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got it, thanks for the input gents. I have scoured the internet and local part shops and can't find an exact match for this connector. So it looks like I will be sourcing and fitting a new connector block (with its own connectors).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts