Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have about 30k on my Yoshi slip on and was wanting to repack it this weekend by doing all the steps form the many of thread on here about taking apart the can, etc. I only had my stock can for maybe 1000 miles if that before I switched to the Yoshi so I wanted to use the packing from that if possible. I know its only like $10 for new stuff, but Ill be bored this weekend, so Ill practice taking the stock one apart before the yoshi.

1st question: Do the stock cans even have the packing in them?

2nd: Ive seen some where people replace the rivets with screws, how do they stay in there if its just the carbon fiber hole?

3rd: I have some road rash on the lower end of the Yoshi. If I cut maybe 2-3 inches off will it change the way it sounds or anything?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
1. If im not mistaken all pipes have packing in them to dampen sound and that kind of thing.

2. I guess ive never seen anyone replace the rivets with screws but i wouldnt suggest it as that could crack out the carbon fiber and leave you with a mess. The rivets look alot more clean too in my opinion.

3. I had the same thing with my yoshi pipe. a little road rash at the front end, I ended up cutting 8 inches off making it a shorty pipe and i love it. It changes the tone more as you cut more down on the pipe making it louder and deeper as it gets shorter. I have yet to regret cutting mine down. Its a great mod if you have a boring weekend ahead of ya. Just my .02

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
when I chopped my can I went to autozone and bought the $20 rivet kit that had the gun with it. And after drilling the old ones out I just sliped in the rivet that was the most snug. The kit comes with 3-4 sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.