Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on guys. Im not too mechanically inclined but have a good sense of basics. I looked online for a video on how to replace a 2002 gsxr 750 shifter spring and nothing pops up except replacing the shifter itself or replacing the clutch (which makes sense because i was told that the spring is behind the clutch plates. After watching many videos i cant seem to find what i need and dont know where to look behind the plates to get to the spring. And even once i get to it how do i go about replacing it. Id rather not pay someone sense the spring is 3 dollars and i was told for someone with skill itd take maybe an hour. But if i can save a bit of money why not do it at home. If anyone could help asap thatd be great as im getting the bike tomorrow. Thanks guys 馃槑

SuperMod of the North

Super Moderator
Welcome.

Just a heads up that I would grade this as a mechanical difficulty of 6-7 out of 10 with plenty of ways to make a mistake.
See if you can get a friend with more mechanical ability to help. Also, take lots of pictures as you take it apart, pay attention to each screw, bolt and washer as to where it was, the direction it came out and the length.
Follow the service manual.

Are you buying a bike that the seller says "it just needs a shifter spring"?

Reactions: GsxrRick

Registered
"Are you buying a bike that the seller says "it just needs a shifter spring"? "

That sounds pretty sketchy to me. If you aren't buying this bike ridiculously cheap, I would run away from it. That or have someone that really knows these bikes in and out check it out before buying it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome.

Just a heads up that I would grade this as a mechanical difficulty of 6-7 out of 10 with plenty of ways to make a mistake.
See if you can get a friend with more mechanical ability to help. Also, take lots of pictures as you take it apart, pay attention to each screw, bolt and washer as to where it was, the direction it came out and the length.

It does just need a shifter spring. I am getting it from a good friend that rides dirtbikes and bought a gsxr 750 as his first bike and had it for a year no issues and all maintenance done. He just is very scared and shouldnt have gotten a 750 as his first bike. If anyone has more info just let me know! Thanks for everyones help

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
It does just need a shifter spring. I am getting it from a good friend that rides dirtbikes and bought a gsxr 750 as his first bike and had it for a year no issues and all maintenance done. He just is very scared and shouldnt have gotten a 750 as his first bike. If anyone has more info just let me know! Thanks for everyones help
But yes i agree i wouldnt buy a bike from a random with no prior knowledge if they said it just needs a shifter spring

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome.

Thanks brother

1 - 7 of 7 Posts