Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently just signed up on this site... what a great side. Answered a lot of questions I had. Except for this one:

I did the dealer mode switch and pulled 4 fi codes... C24 thru C27 IGNITION SIGNAL 1,2,3 and 4. I put on an air shifter with an engine kill box. So I assume the codes are coming from that.

Is it safe to ignore those code and if so how do I reset it so the codes don't show up every time I ride.

Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
You can reset your computer by disconnecting the battery for a few mins. Then pay attention to when the FI light comes back on, If it comes on when you shift then I would say its the quick shifter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've disconnected the battery a few time already and the codes keep on coming up when I shift using the button.

Are the code coming up on the dash something I'm just going to have to get used to.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well if it only throws the code when you shift, they I would say the shifter is causing it. You can try searching if theres a way to use the shifter without throwing codes. Otherwise youll just have to deal with it. The downside is if the FI light is always on, youll never know if theres actually a real problem without checking it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Disconnecting the battery does not work on my 07 750...
The FI still flashes with red light.
I think the dealer has too disable it with special software.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Its gonna do this each time because you are kill the ignition for the airshifter and as I know of no actual fix for this

·
Registered
894 Posts
Disconnecting the battery does not work on my 07 750...
The FI still flashes with red light.
I think the dealer has too disable it with special software.
It will flash when its an active code. Resetting the battery doesnt get rid of the problem tripping the codes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
FI code flashing

My FI light was flashing. The code was -C00. No fault.
Disconnecting the battery didn't work.

I lubed and then loosened the cables SLIGHTLY, for the exhaust valve, under the right hand tail piece and that cured it. No more fault code. :thumbup:

·
Registered
894 Posts
My FI light was flashing. The code was -C00. No fault.
Disconnecting the battery didn't work.

I lubed and then loosened the cables SLIGHTLY, for the exhaust valve, under the right hand tail piece and that cured it. No more fault code. :thumbup:
You had a flashing FI light and no codes? :hmmm: :headscrat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone...
I wired a switch to the wires on the dealer mode harness, I'll just check it every couple of day.
I have a 2003 Suzuki Gsxr750 ive been dealing with issues with it for a while nw ive change plugs coils crank sensor but im still getting check on my dash before i hit the red gas on button that turns fuel pump on i put the bike in dealer mode and get code -C00 ive read some ppl say it means nothing then read it may be adjusting set exhaust valve im nt sure and the bike now stays running after i changed crank sensor but before that when i would slow down the bike would cut off or sit at a light and bike warmed up it would just cut of instantly nw stays running but i can hear in exhaust sounds a lil choppy at times while idling im nt sure what my issue is

·
Administrator
11,692 Posts
I have a 2003 Suzuki Gsxr750 ive been dealing with issues with it for a while nw ive change plugs coils crank sensor but im still getting check on my dash before i hit the red gas on button that turns fuel pump on i put the bike in dealer mode and get code -C00 ive read some ppl say it means nothing then read it may be adjusting set exhaust valve im nt sure and the bike now stays running after i changed crank sensor but before that when i would slow down the bike would cut off or sit at a light and bike warmed up it would just cut of instantly nw stays running but i can hear in exhaust sounds a lil choppy at times while idling im nt sure what my issue is
Welcome.

You should start your own thread next time rather than tagging onto an old one with not much in common to your problem. The first 10 threads are free to new members and you get a bonus of 10 more each time you post 10.

By "red gas button" I'm guessing you mean the kill switch on the right handle bar.

First off, "CHEC" will show up when the instrument cluster has not received data from the ECM for a few seconds, it does not mean you have any fault.

When the kill switch is not in the run position, there is no power to the ECM, hence no data to the cluster, so CHEC pops up. This is normal. The same thing will happen when the bike is in gear and the side stand is not up. (the sidestand safety relay turns off power to the ECM)

It sounds like your crank sensor was bad and you got it fixed. Don't know what to say about the choppy idle beyond check for vacuum leaks. The little hoses below the throttle bodies are known to come apart with age.

Reactions: Spyder13
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.