Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 3 months I've had my bike and I already have to deal with this shit... My buddy was out Sunday night going down a main road in town doing a standup, my other buddies watching said he was at about 120 when he brought it down... unfortunately he brought it down into a tankslapper and was thrown from the bike into a guardrail and then over the guardrail down a 40 foot embankment... we all knew the possibilities before we bought them, so no lecture here, hell even some of my buddies are selling their bikes, but forget that, just remember to use good judgement and keep in mind all the folks whose lives will be destroyed if something happens... God bless

·
Registered
320 Posts
RIP

What kind of bike was he on? I have set down into a slight tank slapper and even had a tank slapper from a bump at about 130-140 mph but my dampner helped me. I also know throttle is the only thing that can help in these situations.

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's really aweful man, i'm getting my bike in acouple of weeks, and the story just makes me want to be a responsible rider.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
everyone please ride fuckin safe geezzus

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
RIP

I know the feeling man, I've done the exact same thing on my budies thou, came down at aroun 120 and right into a tankslapper, but getting on the gas saved my ass.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
skibum91 said:
RIP

I know the feeling man, I've done the exact same thing on my budies thou, came down at aroun 120 and right into a tankslapper, but getting on the gas saved my ass.

not to self: gun it if the handlebars start wobblin'

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
usdm420 said:
not to self: gun it if the handlebars start wobblin'
That is actually what you should to in a lot of situations. is either stay on the gas, or get on the gas harder. "when in doubt, pin it!" That is a very good motto to live by.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was riding a 900RR... turns out he wasnt doing a standup, it was the second time he had gotten a 3rd gear up, and it turned out to be the longest wheelie he ever did... he stayed on the bike for a short distance, but it just got too violent and pulled... thanks to everyone though, be safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts