Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the site and glad i found it. previous srad and 1200 bandit owner. any advice on 01,02 versus new gixxer1k? one will be purchased in the coming months. by the way i drag race 'em so a 6 over arm is in the cards too.

·
Registered
543 Posts
you talkin 04' or the just can't wait any more 05' 1K? oh yeah and welcome to the forums. :D

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
yeah if you cant wait, i say stick it out till the '05..................should be a sick ass bike

·
Registered
600 Posts
yea i was thinking of getting a used 04 in a few months but after seeing the pics of the 05...i maybe just getting a new one :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
shit, i'm thinking of repairing my bike, keeping the miles low, and trading it in 2 years from now for an '06 750 cuz i'm sure it'll get the facial upgrade of the '05 1K

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
bigjimbo said:
yea i was thinking of getting a used 04 in a few months but after seeing the pics of the 05...i maybe just getting a new one :thumbup:

If it is the same pic that I have seen, that bike is the ugliest thing ever created bu 'zuki. That 14" round pipe is hidious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
an '05 would be nice but since i only dragrace and street ride an '04 and older would be perfect. that's what all the aftermarket drag parts would be for anyway. other than styling is there major differences between the '01-'02 and the '03-'04?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i looked at an '03 silver 1k yesterday. yosh can, chrome screen, only 3500 miles. he's asking 7500 what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
543 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me and thats pretty low miles, i can put that on in a month. i'd say grab it b4 someone else does. :thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
headlight..

01-02 have a different headlight set up from the 03-04 busa stack look. if your just gonna drag race and not street ride hotbodiesracing.com has a light 2 piece upper and lower fairing with no headlight and more aerodynamic nose horsepower is the same in 01-04 , but if suzuki is gonna keep up with japans other big4 companies there gonna have to increase the ponies. i heard on speed visions coverage of the road atlanta race that team yoshimura recieved some upgrades from japan before the race to increase the power of mladin and yates's bikes. thats jus what i heard?

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah, i heard the same thing, but i can't imagine what those bikes could get that they don't allready have, and if thats true and to the fact it must notta been too good, not hating on the zuk but those hondas that they where riding would consistantly close the gap in the staights, it's that outta the curve zuk launch and a pinch of mat that keep that bad mutha on the winning streek. :bowdown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts