Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I got a GSXR750 2004 that the revs increase when pulling in the clutch and I am banging my head against a wall.... please help. Ta

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not one of the Smart Guys, by the way. Keep waiting. But, have you checked the slack in the clutch lever to be sure it's at proper adjustment? And insured there's no binding, top or bottom, at pivoting pieces attached to, and being moved by, the clutch cable? I doubt either would affect the RPM, but there may be a sensor somewhere in the system that looks for proper movement. Some motorcycles have a sensor in place, that is activated as the clutch lever is released,... to slightly raise the RPM to prevent stalling the engine. I don't know if your GSXR750 does, or not.. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to tear it down tonight and check again that the cable is properly routed, that was something that had crossed my mind.... other than that it’s a bit puzzling 🤔

·
Super Moderator
9,396 Posts
How much rpm increase are you seeing? I can hear a very slight engine change on my K6 750 clutch in vs out at idle in neutral. Maybe 50 rpm?

·
Super Moderator
9,396 Posts
Increases by around 3-400 rpm🤔
That is a lot. I believe my small change is due to an ignition advance map change when I pull the clutch in and the clutch safety switch tells the ECM.

I would go with a cabling problem as others mentioned to start.

Move the bars all the way left and right and see if the rpms still rise.

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Yeah, my bet is the clutch cable is encountering the throttle cable somewhere, and the tension is tweaking the throttle a bit. Try what John said, turn it all the way left, see if it still does it, or at least changes, then do the same for turned all the way right. If one way or the other make it stop, chase down the routing of the clutch cable, and correct it.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help.. didn’t get to look at her tonight, busy etc... but tomorrow I have a free evening, so I will try all your suggestions tomorrow and let you know the results....fingers crossed 🥴👍👍👍

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s a thought......I did install an STM slipper clutch, but surely that wouldn’t cause it! Would it??

I may have a cable routed wrong or caught up, either way I will investigate tomorrow...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
unbelievable guys but glad to say I have solved the issue, it was all caused believe it or not by my fast idle not being set up correctly, now that’s all spot on the problem is solved👍👍👍👍. A BIG thank you to all that took time to try and help me, can’t thank you all enough, stay safe 🤝 joe

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,396 Posts
So was the STVA (with the fast idle cam on the end) moving when the clutch was pulled back and released?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts