Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I’m just getting back into riding again now that our kids are out and in college I have some time.
I’ve had bikes off & on and raced since I was about 7 now 52, just purchased a gsxr600 stock with a yosh pipe.
Question is- are there going to be or where do I find out about any ride outs or rides in my area? I’m in northwest indiana in a town called demotte about 50 miles south of Chicago.
Hopefully I’ll be doing wheel stands before summer is out, it’s not the ability it’s the nerv- lol once you get to my age you don’t heal as quick- lol but I’ll start slow to keep my body & bike in tact or maybe get one of those wheelie helpers?
Glad to be a part of all you bikers again!
Be safe!

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Welcome. There are some regional pages if you check the forum listings but they have never been very active from what I've seen. At least or me, Facebook is the place to find local riders and groups.

Good to see you back in the saddle. The second time around is better!

Pics of your new ride please.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am also in NW Indiana. Knox area. We have family in Demotte. Maybe we can get something together once the weather begins to cooperate with us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site. I am also in NW Indiana. Knox area. We have family in Demotte. Maybe we can get something together once the weather begins to cooperate with us.
Absolutely! Here’s my number just shoot a text saying your from the forum 219-315-8723
I disassembled it just to check everything out and to clean, I like to do this to everything I get just to make sure nothing hoeky anywhere, plus being a very particular paint&body man and mechanic master certified in all 3, I like to make sure things are RIGHT.
I’ll post some more pics when I get it back together in the next couple days
Thanks for the replies!
6603DEE5-4D1F-4BFD-99C4-41A2EF357EFC.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely! Here’s my number just shoot a text saying your from the forum 219-315-8723
I disassembled it just to check everything out and to clean, I like to do this to everything I get just to make sure nothing hoeky anywhere, plus being a very particular paint&body man and mechanic master certified in all 3, I like to make sure things are RIGHT.
I’ll post some more pics when I get it back together in the next couple days
Thanks for the replies! View attachment 293554
Turns out after doing some research on why this has those gold wheels? it’s a true Alstare edition
So a nice bonus after only giving 2grand for a very clean unmolested bike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey all!
I’m just getting back into riding again now that our kids are out and in college I have some time.
I’ve had bikes off & on and raced since I was about 7 now 52, just purchased a gsxr600 stock with a yosh pipe.
Question is- are there going to be or where do I find out about any ride outs or rides in my area? I’m in northwest indiana in a town called demotte about 50 miles south of Chicago.
Hopefully I’ll be doing wheel stands before summer is out, it’s not the ability it’s the nerv- lol once you get to my age you don’t heal as quick- lol but I’ll start slow to keep my body & bike in tact or maybe get one of those wheelie helpers?
Glad to be a part of all you bikers again!
Be safe!
Welcome! I am Just north of Indy in the Westfield area. If you are ever down this way, I'd be glad to meet up!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I also ride with a group of friends in the Mishawaka / Southbend area. We ride up to Michigan often, for some more spirited roads, and decent food. Really good group of people. A bunch of them are "our age", lol. I am 50, and ride a 1995 GSXR750W. Once we get some consistent weather, my son and I will look you up, and we can meet and figure something out from there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also ride with a group of friends in the Mishawaka / Southbend area. We ride up to Michigan often, for some more spirited roads, and decent food. Really good group of people. A bunch of them are "our age", lol. I am 50, and ride a 1995 GSXR750W. Once we get some consistent weather, my son and I will look you up, and we can meet and figure something out from there.
If you ever have a week or so notice on one of these, I'd love to see if I can make it up north to meet up with you guys. I currently dont have any riding buddies.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Heading out for a ride at some point today. Could find my way heading in the direction of Demotte. Will have my son with me, he rides a Shadow 750, and he's still a really new rider, so nothing too spirited. Just a cruise...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts