Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my best friend, companion, loyal trustworthy brother died last night in south carolina. i found out this morning and letting someone know just how good of a guy and friend he was is the best way in know how do cope with it. I dont know all the details but knowing him I can guess and i am probably pretty close. I only hope he died fast and wasnt alone when he passed. Rip my true friend. life will never be the same. we were like brothers sence kindergarden and did everything in life together. Rip my friend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rip my best friend of 22 years

i just got back from florence south carolina where i lost my friend at 1:55 am on highway 95southbound between the 185 and 184 milemarkers. his bike is totaly destroyed the front is gone. billions of pieces of plastic all over the highway. I have seen him and i am just glad if was not there to see it i dont know if i could have delt with it. he was traveling in the fast lane at a very high rate of speed. there was a van in the same lane and 2 cars in the right lane so the cars made an upside down L shape for a lack of a better way to describe it. the eye witness said she heard him comming, she was doing 70mph and she said he passed her like a blurr. he hit the van and never hit his brakes of tried to dodge or anything. i dont understand or comprehend why its a straight flat road he was a very experience rider 10 years in the sadle and he lived on his busa. bought it new last year and had 17000 miles on it already. the police report says he landed 311' from the point of impact. and hit the van so hard the driver of the vans walet flew from the dash into the back floorboard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry for your loss bro. Sounds like he fell asleep, it is possible I've done it on a strait road no cars lucky I guess.
Anyway your bro will be remembered....

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are no words that any can say to bring back a lifelong friend. I have lost two friends which I new for 23 years, they were like brothers go me as I'm sure your friend was. My american flag will be half raised on your friends behalf and you have my deepest regrets.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
please all fellow riders and friends where your gear. dont try to be cool and ride without a helmate. if i had been there this wouldnt have happend. we looked out for each other always. i never let him ride without it. in sc you dont have to wear a helmate. and i believe that was a factor. he wouldnt have servived anyway but i believe if i was there to force him to put it on his eyes wouldnt have been blurred. maybe he fell alseep but i will never know. i know i am only alive because i was wearing my yikes hjc 3 years ago when i hit a guard rail slamed my head into it and crushed the hemate in the back. riding is a way of life for me and i will never stop as soon as i was recovered i bought another bike and was riding a gain. but i just dont want this to happen to anyone else please were your gear friends.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
rip for your friend, I always wondered how riders can see even going at a moderate speed with out a helmet or glasses to shield their eyes from the wind...

·
Registered
122 Posts
my heart goes out to the family and you bro keep your head up, remember if you can save someones life just by 3getting them into riding with their gear your friend will not have died in vain.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I know its no comfort but at least he went how he would have. This may sound bad but time does not heal wounds, it just makes it easier to cope. I lost my father last year and I know. Remember him how he was and he will never be forgotten.
"The song has ended but the melody lingers on"

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Sounds like rider error the way you are talking about it but lets not speculate, just let him be at peace. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you are a rider I wouldn't mind riding with, keep encouraging others (newbies) that gear serves a purpose.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thankyou to all of you and your kindness. i have his jacket and i will ride it every year on the 13 of june in rememberence. i am going to have a small busa logo brushed on my bike and a simble on my jacket and helmate. along with our favorite saying we found on this site i dont know who started the saying or who to give the credit to. but it was our moto for say. "4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the sole"

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
not to be insensitive but its Helmet

·
Registered
30 Posts
sorry for your loss bro....the jacket and symbol idea are really cool. its a nice way to show your respect. once again im really sorry

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.