Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the site. I wanted to post up and let everyone know that Joe "Riski" (my brother) had passed away Jan 27 2011.

He got his first bike (2002 gsxr 750) about 3 years ago and I taught him how to ride. He was hooked the very first time he sat on my 04 gsxr 1000 mladin replica. If it wasnt raining he was riding. The off season he was modding and really getting into racing at the drag strip.

Last October just after his 32nd birthday he was on his way home from the dragstrip and was run off the road and crashed his gsxr. He was wearing full gear but crashed hard. He was airlifted to dekalb hospital and fractured his eye socket and his skull. He had a brain bleed and was held in the hospital for a week while they monitored the bleed. They sent him home and he was on his way to recovery and trying to locate the parts to fix his bike in time for this season. He was laid up for three months and was finally released to go back to work.

After being back at work for two weeks on his way home in his Jaguar S type R (3 mins from his office) he was in a fatal accident. We still dont have any details as the police investigation is still ongoing. All I do know is that the road he was on was a two lane merging to one (55mph) and a subaru was driving wreckless and attempted to pass him. One way or the other my brothers car ended up spinning into oncoming traffic and was struck by an oncoming car. He was ejected from the vehicle and his car burned. The lady that struck his car had also parished. The subaru had fled but someone saw his personalized plate. Three hours later he was found. Charges are pending and to be determined pending the results of the investigation.

So in my brothers honor I am going to rebuild his bike back to the condition it was in before he crashed it. So I will be on the look out for many parts. Money is tight at the moment but Im hoping by this summer I will have everything I need.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I'm sorry for your lose, good luck with the bike. I can't wait to see pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
I just joined the site. I wanted to post up and let everyone know that Joe "Riski" (my brother) had passed away Jan 27 2011.

He got his first bike (2002 gsxr 750) about 3 years ago and I taught him how to ride. He was hooked the very first time he sat on my 04 gsxr 1000 mladin replica. If it wasnt raining he was riding. The off season he was modding and really getting into racing at the drag strip.

Last October just after his 32nd birthday he was on his way home from the dragstrip and was run off the road and crashed his gsxr. He was wearing full gear but crashed hard. He was airlifted to dekalb hospital and fractured his eye socket and his skull. He had a brain bleed and was held in the hospital for a week while they monitored the bleed. They sent him home and he was on his way to recovery and trying to locate the parts to fix his bike in time for this season. He was laid up for three months and was finally released to go back to work.

After being back at work for two weeks on his way home in his Jaguar S type R (3 mins from his office) he was in a fatal accident. We still dont have any details as the police investigation is still ongoing. All I do know is that the road he was on was a two lane merging to one (55mph) and a subaru was driving wreckless and attempted to pass him. One way or the other my brothers car ended up spinning into oncoming traffic and was struck by an oncoming car. He was ejected from the vehicle and his car burned. The lady that struck his car had also parished. The subaru had fled but someone saw his personalized plate. Three hours later he was found. Charges are pending and to be determined pending the results of the investigation.

So in my brothers honor I am going to rebuild his bike back to the condition it was in before he crashed it. So I will be on the look out for many parts. Money is tight at the moment but Im hoping by this summer I will have everything I need.
that's crazy dude, sorry to hear about your loss. i hope the guy in the subaru gets the maximum sentence, especially for fleeing. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and welcome to the R

·
The Honey Badger
11,974 Posts
Wow...this is terrible..Riski was a very great contributer and was very respected around here.

RIP Riski

·
Banned
12,190 Posts
Wow...this is terrible..Riski was a very great contributer and was very respected around here.

RIP Riski
edit re read it is our member he had a jag. Wow he is on my friends list sorry for your loss a great guy.He will be missed.I am in a bit of shock...Man sorry for your brother stay strong prayers are with your family..

·
Registered
339 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. I have always worried about my younger bro because he rides to the max whether its on the dirt or street. All of my family lives in Ohio and im here in NC, so at times i go a couple of weeks and dont talk to anybody. About 8 months ago I got the call from my mother that I knew would come one day. He was in the hospital and had been unconcious for 12 hours or so after highsiding his TL1000. Luckily he made it but the feeling I had for a bit of losing him was the most terrible feeling I have ever had. So I cant imagine the pain youve been through. I hope things get better for you and your family and they lock up the asshole in the subaru for a long time.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Damn, I was wondering why we hadn't heard from him in a long time. So sorry to hear this, but he was well known on this forum, and he will be missed.

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
Holy shit....unreal. I was honestly just thinking about him.

RIP riski man.

Find my boy kevin and you two can ride on till I get there.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
For you guy who never had the pleasure of conversing with Riski, here is a few of his Vids.

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
Bro if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you rebuild the bike please let me know. I did the same thing when my friend passed. Also if you would like to do a memorial ride when its done I will help with that also. PM me if I can help.

Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! Yeah we lived together and he was always on here. Thanks for posting the vids, the last one is the day he crashed the bike on his way home. He was really looking forward to getting his bike rebuilt and hitting the track this season. Ill keep you all updated as soon as I get some details from the police.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you mind if I ask when it happened?
The bike accident was in october. He had gotten knocked out from the crash and was in the ditch on the side of a non lit highway for 4 hours before he woke up and tried to get someone to stop and help. His phone broke and he didnt know what happened and couldnt find his bike. No one would stop, but someone called the state police and reported a man on the highway. Crazy. He never did remember any details.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That's terrible man. I'm really sorry to hear that, and I rather enjoyed reading Riski's knowledgable posts. Taught me a few things to be quite honest.

R.I.P. Riski, Enjoy the twisties up above.

Sorry for your loss utryd2, you had one hell of a brother (and that's judgement through a forum)

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
wow. i thought about him the other day and why he stopped posting on here. i knew about his crash in october and was glad to see his return after that one.... he was well known around here and liked by all.

RIP brother.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
wow sorry for your loss man , he was very well respected and liked here ,always had a great deal of know how and willingness to help others ,he was a big contribution to our community here!Thanx for letting us know! He will be greatly missed!

R.I.P RISKI
we are all brothers trying to catch the wind in our faces

1 - 20 of 133 Posts