Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I watched this video in class so i had no sound, so i dont know if they said the robot could actually ride on a track or not, but never the less that robot has rode on a better bike than i have....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I watched this video in class so i had no sound, so i dont know if they said the robot could actually ride on a track or not, but never the less that robot has rode on a better bike than i have....
I dont think it could ride on a track. Sounded like they was just using it as a way to consistently test the bikes. Looks like one more person is out of a job.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'll be impressed when it can beat me on lap time :laughingr
+1

i was thinking it was gonna give ben spies a run for his money before i watch it! lol good vid though! can flossie fill up the gas tank???? human 1 flossie 0 lol jk jk

·
Registered
95 Posts
i dont care about the robot I just want her to talk to me in that accent.

·
Operation ... squid
9,343 Posts
man that robot can kiss my ass! the day i see a robot ridin down 95 is the day i sell the gsxr! and yes her voice sounds super sexy! i would take her on a ride that would be more fun than a damn robot lol :laughingr

·
Registered
66 Posts
man that robot can kiss my ass! the day i see a robot ridin down 95 is the day i sell the gsxr! and yes her voice sounds super sexy! i would take her on a ride that would be more fun than a damn robot lol :laughingr
+1000 on the I-95 part... not so much the accent though

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
It dosen't go anywhere. It just sits on the bike, shifts, and runs the throttle while its on a dyno. Nobody is out of a job because it takes a team to run it. But if the girl in the video wanted to tell me more about it I would listen.
+1

i dont care about the robot I just want her to talk to me in that accent.
+1

+1

yeah i would love to see that robot do what a rider can last minute calls and judgments not happening a robot can never really replace a human totaly in my opinion yeah they are helpfull but i don't think of them as replacements that would be stupid and hell yeah her voice was supper sexy.

·
Operation ... squid
9,343 Posts
so if this robot were to get caught in the rain, would it shit its pants and run to the nearest wd40 can? lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best and worst part about robots is the fact that they can be purpose-built to perform any task at hand. Oh sure, they can be built to kill, or they can built to test motorcycles without risk to our feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks. Introducing Flossie, the Castrol-developed test rider that's threading a Fireblade between its "legs" in the shot above. The robot features a self-learning mode that enables it to get a feel (throttle response, clutch drag, gear shifting patterns, etc.) for any stationary bike upon which it's perched -- right, stationary... he's no Murata Boy. Still, as the ultimate precision rider that never tires, Flossie allows Castrol to evaluate its lubricants as effectively as possible. See it in action after the break.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.