Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I cant explain how much fun I am having with this bike. I REALLY love the way this thing pulls. geez! I still havent hit the 160 club but I topped my best of 131 tonight with a 141. Sucker was STILL pulling hard as hell! LOVE IT!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Haha that's sweet man. Where do you do high speed runs like that? Just on the highway or what? I'm done with school next Friday and then I'm home to my baby! I'm absolutely dying to ride.

·
Registered
201 Posts
sounds like fun but be careful out there, a little mistake can cost you a lot of money or even worst your life.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha that's sweet man. Where do you do high speed runs like that? Just on the highway or what? I'm done with school next Friday and then I'm home to my baby! I'm absolutely dying to ride.
yeah im usually on a highway around town. It gets there so quick it really doesnt need much space to do it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Imagine 211...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have probably hit 160 if I would have had my jacket on, but I bought a XL and it fits my shoudlers and arms but I have a thin torso, so im having it tailored. I dont like riding without a jacket.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i topped out my k1 600 at 159mph on I-57 in indiana , while wearing a back pack plus i had shoes and other things straped to the back seat, on my way to Indiana beach for some camping.
i thought i wa going to go airborne.

·
Registered
12 Posts
last summer i had my gsxr 600 up to 171 which scared the s**t out of me! kinda forced to do it also! but no one told me not to just let off the gas which i did and the bike started shaking really bad! that was way worse than doing 171!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I rode again yesterday after getting the jacket back. I hit 140 again and thought I was going to fly off! Im starting to think I'm content with 140. lol The wind was catching the back of my jacket and it wanted shoot me off....lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
What the hell are you guys talking about with all this feeling like you are going to fly off?! Are you guys trying to do your top speed runs sitting up or something? Or are you sitting up sometime before you have slowed down?:headscrat I've hit 160 plus many times and have never once felt like this because I was tucked all the way in :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was tucked in while i was wanting to accelerate but when i was done i really didnt think about how it would feel to sit up doing 150 or so... but yeah i have done plenty of riding at 140 plus and as long as you stay tucked in to the bike it is fine...

·
Registered
318 Posts
ya wait a minute whats up with the "fly off" thing... do you guys duck down all the way your head is supposed to be behind your windsheild.. and your chin almost hitting the gastank... i never had that problem and i have hit 180. you guys are doing somthign wrong. and it sound dangerous. shift your ass all the way back to the end of the seat... lay your chest on the gastank and your head behind the sheild. then talk to me... when you get back down to 70 or 80 then you can start to sit back up. please learn before you go do stupid shit and then post it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its just a figure of speech. I'm Not really going to fly off... Im tucked but I could probably tuck a little more. The wind is catching the back of my neck in between the jacket and it grabs alot of air...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fast is fun isn't it, I have topped my 03 at 160.. who knows how accurate the speedo is at speed though. But definately be careful, I went out last friday when I got back home from school and almost hit a turkey, then a deer standing in the rode, then a dog just chillin out on a country road after a corner. Have fun and be safe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.