Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to rotate my brake lever/controls downward more but the brake line interferes with the fork. It seemed like I should have been able to swivel the banjo fitting around to give more clearance but there is a little nub that locates it a certain way that doesn't allow me to do this.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solution (aside from cut the nub off)?

Oh yeah, it's an '07 600

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I know what you are talking about and it seems that the newer generation GSXR's are very limited in how much you can angle the lever down to make the angle in line with your forearms to reduce wrist strain/fatigue and also make getting to the brake lever easier. I have an 06 750 as my track bike and I have aftermarket clip-ons so the problem is gone. At the track when I've helped guys with stock clip-ons try to adjust them, we could only move them a couple millimeters if that.

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
Why not just cut the nub off. They look to me like there just there to keep the banjo fitting from rotating when you tighten them.
Agreed. i thought the nub was there to insure proper alignment during inital assembly. is it possible to loosen the banjo swing the fitting outside the nub and retighten?

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Similar issue here. The first thing I run into is the underside of the perch striking the 90 metal throttle cable guides coming off the throttle housing. 2007 600 btw. I got away from the fork tube by moving the perch out but then struck the throttle cable guides. If the guides were at a 45 instead of a 90 it would be fine. Any thoughts??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.