Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running EBC X-series rotors on my track bike since it's been a track bike. Floating rotors are known to rattle, but I was always under the understanding that the float is left and right. Most manufacturers put spring washers on the buttons to help prevent the rattle. My right side rotor is super loose. It not only moves left and right, but it's got play in the rotational direction. It's nearly impossible for me to measure by how much, but you can see and feel it. I would say it's at least three times as much movement as the left side. I've emailed the manufacturer, but anyone know how much rotational play is acceptable?

·
Registered
479 Posts
No specs on the gsxr service manual that I have (2011+).
I've seen .050" or <1.5mm. I think the procedure to measure was 1) pull the rotor in one direction 2) tape across the carrier and rotor. 3) cut with the tape with a razor blade 4) pull in the other direction and measure. Can't remember where I saw that though...

But you are right. floating is in the left/right direction. Other than accommodating for thermal expansion of different materials (aluminum carrier, steel disc) I don't think there should be much rotational play.

Sucks that discs are so much $$$.

If you are interested, braketech iron rotors can be had at the stock diameter 310mm. That's what I've picked up. I've learned to not trust EBC's stuff...

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talking with EBC tech now. They're asking what pads I'm using, disk thickness, and how many days on these rotors.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Maybe seeing if they'll send you a free rotor

Or

Figuring a reason to blame you for the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts