Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the huge bump, just wanted to say thank yous for all the help. I had several problems in my case my stator and regulator was bad as well as my oil sensor wire harness, I replaced those with ricks parts. Afterwards I test ride it and the bike would cut off and restart itself at 4th and 5th gear around 4k-5k rpms. I can also confirm that there is something wrong with the kickstand. In my case after further inspection I found the kickstand wouldn't return and hold up to the sensor probably because of the weak spring causing the kickstand to vibrate at highspeeds, so I tied it up with a string and went for a test ride and the problem was gone. So I ordered a set of springs. Hopefully this should fix the problem.
--BIKE SPECS:
08 gsxr600 32k miles

·
Super Moderator
9,365 Posts
Sorry for the huge bump, just wanted to say thank yous for all the help. I had several problems in my case my stator and regulator was bad as well as my oil sensor wire harness, I replaced those with ricks parts. Afterwards I test ride it and the bike would cut off and restart itself at 4th and 5th gear around 4k-5k rpms. I can also confirm that there is something wrong with the kickstand. In my case after further inspection I found the kickstand wouldn't return and hold up to the sensor probably because of the weak spring causing the kickstand to vibrate at highspeeds, so I tied it up with a string and went for a test ride and the problem was gone. So I ordered a set of springs. Hopefully this should fix the problem.
--BIKE SPECS:
08 gsxr600 32k miles
Thanks for the report. You might also try just oiling the side stand pivot bolt while you are waiting on the springs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I oiled it a little. Just installed the new springs today didn't really notice much of a difference. I'm pretty sure I need a new side kickstand. But for now I modified it a little by bending the nipple upwards to have better contact with the sensor. So far so good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update....

I just went for a ride and it seems like the Herky Jerky is gone at very low rpms, but because I adjusted the TPS high now, I think it is causing it to backfire if I am high in the revs and let go of throttle. Pretty cool though...

I think I am going to leave it like this for a little bit and see how it does.

For the 4K rpm issue I am having with the revs dropping down to 0 and then back up again is still happening. I am going to have to pop the tank up and see if that airbox hose is still connected. If not, it might be that again. The clamp is missing so I just pushed it up hard on the fitting, but it should have held.

I will have another update later.

Is there anyone else out there with this issue where the revs drop to 0 and then back up?
I’m sure he’s referring to this: Loss of power.mp4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey I seriously think I bought your bike today. Same color wheels and no stickers and same Color and everything and my first drives home from the dealership it's doing the same thing bogs down between 4K and 6k did you ever find the issue?
Did you get this issue resolved?

·
Super Moderator
9,365 Posts
Did you get this issue resolved?
It's unlikely that you will get a reply. He only made 2 posts and was last seen June, 2016. Hover over a name with your pointer and you will see if they are active.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My money is on the spring.
If you have a friend to help you, you can have them zip tie the kick stand up tight and then go for a short ride and then have them cut them off when needed.

Good luck and definitely let us know.
Did this really fix your issue? I have one on order now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I oiled it a little. Just installed the new springs today didn't really notice much of a difference. I'm pretty sure I need a new side kickstand. But for now I modified it a little by bending the nipple upwards to have better contact with the sensor. So far so good.
Were your problems similar to this video:Loss of power.mp4

Did the springs resolve your issue?

61 - 69 of 69 Posts