Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 04 750 and it has a +2 on the back. I'm at 8K on my tach at 75mph. Anyone have an idea what I would be running at if I didn't have the +2 on the back? 5K??? I know these motors are made to run at high RPMs but is 8K going to hurt the bike on long rides? :hmmm:

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well my 03 750 runs about 5500 RPM at 75, stock gearing. Diffrent year so gearing is probably slightly diffrent. But if you do a lota highway running lower RPM would obviously be better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my 03 750 runs about 5500 RPM at 75, stock gearing. Diffrent year so gearing is probably slightly diffrent. But if you do a lota highway running lower RPM would obviously be better.
I just rolled through your town on my way to pick up the bike. Actually I hit damn raccoon in my car on the way up to get the bike. I had just filled up with petro in your city and wasn't on the highway for more than 3 minutes when a huge raccoon ran right in front of me. i'm guessing it did $2k worth of damage to my car. I guess better to hit it with my car then on the bike.:thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback about the tach!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just rolled through your town on my way to pick up the bike. Actually I hit damn raccoon in my car on the way up to get the bike. I had just filled up with petro in your city and wasn't on the highway for more than 3 minutes when a huge raccoon ran right in front of me. i'm guessing it did $2k worth of damage to my car. I guess better to hit it with my car then on the bike.:thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback about the tach!
Haha damn! I just looked back at this thread and noticed you were from Cheyenne, and then read your last post lol! Whered you pick the bike up at? I actually got mine down in Ft Collins a couple years ago. That was a long drive! What kinda car were ya drivein? Im always scared im gona hit a deer at night on the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha damn! I just looked back at this thread and noticed you were from Cheyenne, and then read your last post lol! Whered you pick the bike up at? I actually got mine down in Ft Collins a couple years ago. That was a long drive! What kinda car were ya drivein? Im always scared im gona hit a deer at night on the bike.
I got the bike up in Billings, MT. The ride back wasn't that bad at all actually! The sport bikes can hold their own. I did use a 'throttle buddy' which helped a lot!

We were in our Lexus and it did pretty good damage unfortunately. I'm going to get an estimate today. This is the first big animal we've hit in a long time so i guess we had it coming. I love the bike!:thumbup: It was it first bike and it put a large sprocket on the back so it would be more torquey and it is! too much. I will switch it back to stock in the next month or so. my wife and i are thinking of retiring up there in the buffalo area in the next 10 years, what is the wind like up there? I can't stand it here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Found out the sprocket on the back is a 52! that's +9. That is quite a difference.:headscrat I will be returning the bike to stock or close to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.