Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been checking out peoples turbo bikes on the interweb and I came across a guy with an R1 that was running 2 head gaskets to lower his compression. Seems like a thrifty solution to a problem and I have always wondered if that would work well. Apparently it holds together, but are you reducing compression enough for it to be worth the effort? The stock head gasket cant be more than 1mm thick...

On a side note, does anyone know who makes spacers for the 07 750?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Commetic makes gaskets for your needs.... Now i have not tried running 2 gaskets thinking that if you did wouldnt you possibly have a leak or something.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I agree. I dont see that it would do much but leave room for trouble. I havent dealt with alot of turbos on cars because everything I did was a bolt on complete kit. I never had to manufacture anything myself. But not Im not sure it would be worth finding out the hard way, it's seems a little to easy to work.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately cometic does not make thick gaskets for the 07 750 with stock displacement. :poo:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I know they have turbo pistons for your bike. I have seen them. Have you tried these places as well?

mrturbo.com
gsxrzone.com
aperacing.com
orientexpress.com

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know they have turbo pistons for your bike. I have seen them. Have you tried these places as well?

mrturbo.com
gsxrzone.com
aperacing.com
orientexpress.com
I checked with je pistons and weiser. They don't make em. Who else makes good pistons?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I checked with je pistons and weiser. They don't make em. Who else makes good pistons?
I hope you find them sooner but I will be out on the strip Saturday and will ask my buddy where he got his from. We have identical k7 750's so I'm sure they will work in your '06. That's the only downfall I have found with having a 750 is that they dont have near as many upgrades as the 1k.

·
Registered
32 Posts
every time i've seen two gaskets on anything it does not end well. the gasket are made to pinch between two strong solid materials. when put on another gasket they don't seal. thats always been my automotive experience. even at low pressure they blow out quick(cooling system, oil,etc.)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never priced out turbo kits for a bike....
But from my experience with cars, I'm sure its gotta be cheaper to get a 1000 and start from there.

Besides that, It would be more reliable then a 2 headgasketed 750 with a turbo slapped on.
I was only asking about 2 head gaskets first of all... No one said about using them...And as for the price of this turbo, its going to cost me 1000$ or so. A lot cheaper than switching to a 1000. Especially since I prolly already have 4grand worth of parts in this bike...

I dont know what kind of bike you ride but I for one like riding the high reving 600's and 750's. Its more fun in the twisties to throw around a smaller bike. And just more fun in general banging through the gears IMO. The only time I ever wish I had a 1000 is when it hits over 120mph and loses its excitement. Hence the turbo.

Not to mention saving 50 bucks a month on insurance. And cheaper on fuel.

Also spanking 1000s with a small bike will be 2ce as much fun. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm not saying it wouldn't work for a while but it will fail! If your like me it will happen at 3 am in the middle of nowhere. lol Have you ever have anything that has been half-assed ever last??? not me

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not saying it wouldn't work for a while but it will fail! If your like me it will happen at 3 am in the middle of nowhere. lol Have you ever have anything that has been half-assed ever last??? not me
Agreed. But I cant help wondering..., maybe it would work just fine. :hmmm: Yes, it does sound half assed. And for that reason most people would not do it.... I think we should start a pilot program testing this out... you go first :) report back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.