Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up another PC3 to run my upper injectors.

What rpm do they kick in?

I dont think the powercommander website has any preloaded maps that you can look at for the secondaries. So any input here will be appreciated.

Im tuning it myself with wideband before I take it on a dyno for a few pulls.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I realize that, but if you read the install instructions they say use the lower for a reason. I know this I have done it. But again I have NEVER heard of anyone doing this. And if it worked as this guy assumes it will everybody probably would have tried it already dont you think?

·
Registered
862 Posts
many many many people use two

i forget the exact time you actually should have two hooked up.. i think it might be when you have a turbo setup or nos or something, i don't remember exactly. Someone will chime in and inform us to the exact reason why people use two i'm sure.

There is some time when the power commander control half the air fuel ratio isn't enough and they need all injectors controlled.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Bout to say if SO many people use 2 then why arent the speaking up? Again I have been riding for a few years now and not 1 single person I have every talked to or rode with has mentioned having 2 of them.

Some people might do it but I doubt very seriously "many many many" people do.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thats why this forum is here guys. now you know.
Lots of people use this setup. As a matter of fact power commander is the only bunk module that only controls the lowers. Bazzas and others control all 8. Actually I do believe the new PowerCommander V that just came out does control all 8. Its pretty fancy compared to these old ones. Anyhooters, for those running 2pcs please chime in :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Its a shame that they claim the new PC V only works on 2009 and newer bikes. So like 95% are left in the dark.

And itf its bunk WoodShoe than why do you use it as well?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yeah I found it with a link to a site that has the "retrofit" version. But its not the most important thing on my do list right now. Its cool now that the auto tune setup is there.

·
Registered
914 Posts
here ya go i was looking around and came across this.
I wouldn't call it a "failure" to control as much as a decision. If we did control all 8 it would drive up the cost and the price. The biggest complaint we have had over the years of the PCIII was it's size. Well, now you could have the PCV, upper injector box, and Ignition Module and still be smaller than our competitors. Plus 95% of our customers don't need to control the upper injectors. Unless you run out of adjustment on the lower set there is no performance gain by adjusting the uppers that we have seen. and thats from dynojet.:thumbup:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208176

·
Registered
914 Posts
Like I stated before. The majority of customers do not need this function so why increase the price for something they don't need? For the guys that do need it, NOS, boost, etc. then we do offer a solution. Seems more of a scam to have a high priced unit that you don't need? I think most would rather pay a smaller amount and add on as needed. Let's see, PCV $359.95, upper injector box $300 (estimate), shifter $267. Total -926.95. Our competitor - $899.95. Doesn't seem like too much of a rip off to me. And you get extra features. and thats also from dyno jet, page 2 of http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208176&page=2

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I stated before. The majority of customers do not need this function so why increase the price for something they don't need? For the guys that do need it, NOS, boost, etc. then we do offer a solution. Seems more of a scam to have a high priced unit that you don't need? I think most would rather pay a smaller amount and add on as needed. Let's see, PCV $359.95, upper injector box $300 (estimate), shifter $267. Total -926.95. Our competitor - $899.95. Doesn't seem like too much of a rip off to me. And you get extra features. and thats also from dyno jet, page 2 of http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208176&page=2
Nice Find!
Hey dont get me wrong here, I like my pc3. Its got a great interface and it does the job. And it makes sense now that i read that to only have lowers for such unit since most people dont "need" it

·
Registered
914 Posts
Nice Find!
Hey dont get me wrong here, I like my pc3. Its got a great interface and it does the job. And it makes sense now that i read that to only have lowers for such unit since most people dont "need" it
thanks. and when people our out looking to buy a fuel system like a pc3 or a bazzaz they see that the bazzaz and that it runs all 8 injectors and they right away think it has to be better because it runs "all 8" when no there is no performance gains from it "unless your running a turbo, or nos" something alone those lines, then you get a gain out of running all 8. because in that link that i put in my above post dynojet stated that there is no gains from running all 8, so why make something that can and make it cost more if its not needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.