Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I have a 2015 GSXR 1000. It starts but only runs for about 10-20 seconds then cuts off. This problem just started this year.

·
Premium Member
8,558 Posts
Hey I have a 2015 GSXR 1000. It starts but only runs for about 10-20 seconds then cuts off. This problem just started this year.
Welcome.

Does it restart easily?

Can you keep it running by opening the throttle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it starts back up. But I do have to hold the Throttle for it to stay running After the first start

·
Premium Member
8,558 Posts
And how does it run after it warms up? What is the idle speed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some smoke from the exhaust. Have to keep RPM at 1500-2000 or it will shut off

·
Premium Member
8,558 Posts
This is like pulling teeth.

Last question. Is it actually running on all cylinders? Check the headers right after you start the bike to see if they are all getting hot.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You didn't by chance get a new key did you? I guess if it will run above 2K rpm, not the key chip then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is like pulling teeth.

Last question. Is it actually running on all cylinders? Check the headers right after you start the bike to see if they are all getting hot.
You didn't by chance get a new key did you? I guess if it will run above 2K rpm, not the key chip then.
Yes I did get a new key

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes I did get a new key
Well then, on your L5 bike, does it have a chip in the key?
Was it programmed to run your bike?
Did you get it fixed- your bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would assume the original key has a chip in it. But the new key I have was not program.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts