Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm heading down to Nags Head, NC for a week and I'm taking my bike with on the back of my truck. I'm going to try to find a tarp of some sort to cover my bike while im not riding because we are waterfront and I don't want the saltwater spray to damage the bike. Is there anything special I should do to try to cover it up while Im down there? Any guys that ride from the south let me know. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Youll still get some salt on it while riding just from the salt content in the air, just clean it well when you get home, I live in virginia beach same deal, shouldnt be to bad as long as there arent any storms.

·
Registered
322 Posts
spray the whole bike with GT85 spray oil,this is what i pretect my bike with in the winter months and its great for stopping rust and corrosion.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
just wash it, short term exposure wont harm it.. Salt does damage over time... Salt is in the air so unles u air tight seal the bike it will still accumulate a salt residue...

make sure you rinse it well and in all the nooks and crannies...

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I suggest riding through a touchless car wash when you get home. The brushes on the older ones may scratch the bike and hurt you during the wash. It even has a giant blow dryer when you come out the other end.:laughingr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.