Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just found a screw in my rear tire, self tapping screw.

Question: do I need to replace the tire or can I patch it? :hmmm:

Thanks!
BgMV
GSXR1000 K7

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
That and if you take off the tire yourself it should be cheaper to change at most shops........ so now you have to post a burn-out vid of you burning up that old evil tire :burnout:

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got a nail in my tire 2 days after i bought my brand new bike. definitly not worth patching. the 150 is worth your life. i like power pilots personally.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I had a nail and a screw go into the tire all the way on 2 seperate occasions. It was raining for a few days so I yanked it out, checked the pressure, and a few days later it had the same pressure and that was last summer and I still have the same tire on it. I think I may have just dodged a bullet.

I was waiting to buy a new tire but it never lost pressure so I rolled with it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Depending on where and how bad the hole is, some shops consider it to be a liability and will not patch it.
Also depending on how hard you ride, stunt race or aggressive street I personally would think twice about it. If you just cruise around then go ahead and do it.

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
Depending on where and how bad the hole is, some shops consider it to be a liability and will not patch it.
Also depending on how hard you ride, stunt race or aggressive street I personally would think twice about it. If you just cruise around then go ahead and do it.
^^^+1
I have plugged and patched holes before but I didn't ride real aggerssive on after that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i work at a dealer ship for cars my friend got a nail in his tire used a plug to get home and it took like 4 of them. like 2 weekes later due to the rain we brought it to my work dismounted the tire and patched it from the inside and its holding to thi day. we do it to cars all the time and on hasnt leaked yet as long as its considered a permanent repair like from the inside of the tire its good to go theplugs will not work at all patches will

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have had luck with a produce called slim i have used it 3-4 time all right after getting a new tires and ran over a nail, and didnt really have the xtra dough at the time to get a new tire. i rode like it never happened that included some wheelies, burn out, and speeds over 160mph. the only thing u have to do is when u do get it replaced tell the shop that u used slim (they say its a mess and when they now they dont have any surprises) and they did tell me that that stuff is one of the best produces out there and really works great!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.