Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok does anyone have a alarm on their bike because the dealer told me that gixxers have a high theft rate!! so do any of you guys have one and do you think that the two way pager ones are the best?? I saw a few on ebay and they have ones with remote starters and a two way pager so I might look into that!
leave feed back please! :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
remote starter is pretty much useless. You shouldn't leave your bike on neutral when it is parked any way.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I found some information on theft on bikes here is the link to the entire article http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_9812_theft/

:D
Top 10 most stolen models
Honda CBR600 (15.8%)
H-D FLS series (13.4%)
Honda CBR900 (8.8%)
Suzuki GSX-R750 (8.1%)
H-D FXS series (7.8%)
Kawasaki ZX-600 (5.6%)
Kawasaki ZX-750 (5.2%)
Suzuki GSX-600 (4.9%)
H-D FLH series (4.5%)
Yamaha FZR600 (4.5%)

Top 10 worst states for motorcycle theft
California (15.3%)
Florida (9.6%)
New York (7.0%)
Illinois (5.3%)
N. Carolina (4.9%)
Michigan (4.8%)
Texas (4.7%)
Ohio (4.2%)
Pennsylvania (4.1%)
Georgia (3.9%)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
If they want your bike they are going to take it, regardless of how you have it locked, or alarmed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
skibum91 said:
If they want your bike they are going to take it, regardless of how you have it locked, or alarmed.

Well unless you catch them in the act and just happened to have your 9mm :arsenal

·
Registered
317 Posts
Best security system for a bike is theft coverage! If you just have liability insurance and your bike is stolen, all the insurance sompany will do is say "sorry". And yes if they want it, they will take it regardless, it just may slow them down a little bit.

·
Registered
706 Posts
jeepboyyj said:
Best security system for a bike is theft coverage! If you just have liability insurance and your bike is stolen, all the insurance sompany will do is say "sorry". And yes if they want it, they will take it regardless, it just may slow them down a little bit.

Yeah you are right the only problem is that for any of us that are arund the age of 24 or 25 you are screwed because full coverage is more per month than a payment on the damn bike!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
Well unless you catch them in the act and just happened to have your 9mm :arsenal
I prefer a .40 cal with hollow points.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
:rofl: :laughingr :funny:
got it strapped to my ankle most of the time, sometimes on the shoulder, depends on what I'm wearing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, yea I actually do have a smith and wesson .40 but I don't wanna pop any body unless I have to stealing my damn baby!!!! :2hard oh well thanks guys I think that if I get the one with the two way pager on it, it will vibrate when somebody messin with it and then out comes WILSON!!

Oh sorry thats my guns name !! Wilson and I have a ccw so she's been waiting patiently. :arsenal

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey i work at a car stereo shop here and have an alarm on my 01 750 have had 2 people try to take it and the alarm scared them away so ithink it does work on some cases but i dont believe it will work on all like if they really want it that bad they are going to take it but find a good stereo shop near you that sells viper alarms and ask if they have done any alarms on bikes if they have see if they install hornet model 200 (which is what i have on my bike) and see how much if you think it is to much and you are mechanically inclined you can do the job yourself it's really not that hard just make sure you understand what you are doing before you start and things should go ok but if you need any help just give me a shout i've done about 70-90 alarms on bikes around here everything from harley's (yuck) to bmw's, ducati's,aprillia's hell even done a few gold wings so aything is possible

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you have aol or aim messenger, see I wanted to do the alarm with the 2 way pager on it because it vibrates in your pocket to let you know to run out there!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
no i dont have those have yahoo mess if youwant give me a shout there i go by jixxerdude_1 i'll answer any qes you might have

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
i'd said it once, i'll say it again.

The harder and more hell they have to go through to steal your bike, they better. Thieves will think twice, your not the only one with a gixxer, there are millions others in your area. Make them go through hell and have a hard time and taking forever if they wanna steal your bike. They'll think twice and won't even attempt to steal yours cause of the trouble they have to go through. They'll just drive down the block and steal the other guys gixxers which is a lot easier to steal (i know cold blooded but thats the way you gotta see it).

Bascially I like to say it this way. Put as much shit on your bike to protect it, make it hard as hell to steal, so that if someone does manage to steal your bike, then they really deserved it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
Yeah you are right the only problem is that for any of us that are arund the age of 24 or 25 you are screwed because full coverage is more per month than a payment on the damn bike!!!!!!
I pay 85.00 a month for Full coverage here in FL. and i'm 25 married. You know what kills you sometimes with ins is your credit score, tickets, and of course your age.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ok, first how easy is it to steal a bike? Besides having someone help you pick it up and put it on a truck....other than that is it something that you can do quick and easy? Maybe someone should come up with a seat that if someone sits on it with out disarming it, rusty old nails will come up from the seat and stab you right in the ass and u know where else it will get you guys!! So don't forget to disarm it b4 u sit down or say BUH BYE to those crown jewels.

kre8

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
My Preference

Glock 23 .40 cal

This is the ultimate security system, No batteries or wires Theft proof and Long Distance activation!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kre8 said:
Ok, first how easy is it to steal a bike? Besides having someone help you pick it up and put it on a truck....other than that is it something that you can do quick and easy? Maybe someone should come up with a seat that if someone sits on it with out disarming it, rusty old nails will come up from the seat and stab you right in the ass and u know where else it will get you guys!! So don't forget to disarm it b4 u sit down or say BUH BYE to those crown jewels.

kre8
:rofl: :laughingr :clap: :lol: omg that shit is funny, lol Im going to call up one of my genius friends and see what he can do!!! thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts