Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says, i have a shake, or more of a violent vibration that starts around 90 mph. the tires are NOT balanced but i was told that if it was the balancing it would most likely show up at lower speeds. this is aggravating and also dangerous i assume. any ideas??

·
Registered
916 Posts
ah no the tires need to be balanced!!! and its the other way around, if there not balanced it will show up at higher speeds, you can drive around town and not notice it but at higher speeds it will start to get worse. balance the tires and i bet it goes away.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tires only have 800 miles on them as do all the bearings, the bike was completely torn down and refreshed from the headlight to the tail light. i guess i will have to look into getting the tires balanced, the builder never did it because the wheels were painted and i guess he didnt want to go banging weights on them. on a side note, i have a 530 chain on the bike and its a 99 750 is that stock or did the guy before me put a huge chain on it for some reason?

·
Registered
916 Posts
the tires only have 800 miles on them as do all the bearings, the bike was completely torn down and refreshed from the headlight to the tail light. i guess i will have to look into getting the tires balanced, the builder never did it because the wheels were painted and i guess he didnt want to go banging weights on them. on a side note, i have a 530 chain on the bike and its a 99 750 is that stock or did the guy before me put a huge chain on it for some reason?
just get those wheels balanced and i bet it goes away :thumbup:

·
Registered
625 Posts

530 is stock

·
Registered
80 Posts
just get those wheels balanced and i bet it goes away :thumbup:
+1. Your asking us to tell you whats making your bike vibrate when your wheels aren't even balanced. Ride safe...

·
Registered
2 Posts
shakes at high speeds

shakes at high speed = tank slap which then = swiping telephone pole which then = ruptured spleen, broken metatarsul, broken ankle, 4 fractured ribs, and 2 fractured vertibrea. Its not fun trust me. the only benifit was it was at the end or riding season. Ride safe, get those tires balance!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shakes at high speed = tank slap which then = swiping telephone pole which then = ruptured spleen, broken metatarsul, broken ankle, 4 fractured ribs, and 2 fractured vertibrea. Its not fun trust me. the only benifit was it was at the end or riding season. Ride safe, get those tires balance!
no tank slap its just a hard vibration, im going to get them balanced up ASAP thanks for all the replys fellas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts