Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
do a search on this site about it... it's a long pain in the ass procedure. i wrote it all out for some one a few weeks ago. or just read the owners manual it's in there on like page 72 or something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shift light

maybe im doing it wrong or something but i searched through all of your posts and saw nothing in there about setting the shift light. can't look through the manual because i got the bike w/o one! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
how to adjust the shift light

just hold down the shift light button while the key is in the OFF position for 5 seconds then turn the key on and continue holding the button down until the tach needle moves. You will see what i am talking about. Once it stops on what ever rpm it stops at, which i think is like 11,000 rpm factory setting, you can let off the button and then everytime you push the button after if jumps 500 rpm untio red line and then it resets to 7000 rpm's or something like that. Once you have it set you hold the down the shift light button until the tach needle returns to 0 and you are set to go. keep in mind you have to turn on the shifter light everytime the key is turned to the OFF position, why i don't know i doesn't make any sense to me. hope this helps

·
Registered
217 Posts
sorry i forgot that they lost all of the old posts when th esite was hacked a little bit ago. what rocket rider posted is correct and yes it does reset when you turn the key off... what a pain in the dick. maybe oneday suzuki will fix this blemish on the face of the gsxr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts