Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 gsxr 600 and I just got done replacing my chain. After a long 2 weeks of struggling(first time and i wanted to do it myself to learn), the new chain is in place, adjusted properly and ready to go. I got on the bike and started riding. I got around the block from my house and I was unable to downshift beyond either 3rd or 4th gear. I was able to get it back home, just reving the engine high enough to drive around in a high gear. I parked it in the garage and started trying to get it to shift. It was so hard to shift that i broke the peg of the shifting pedal while trying to get it to shift. My one thought once i get the new shifting pedal is to take it out and try to shift at a high RPM but i'm not sure. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
326 Posts
When you put the new chain on did you reassemble the shifting lever correctly? I know its a dumb question but its easier to start with the minor things to see if you may of missed something instead of shelling out cash for the more expensive trouble shooting issues.

·
Registered
894 Posts
next time dont jam it so much. When it aint workin after you just put it back together, its prolly cause its not back together the same way. :infrandom

Maybe Clutch rod or something... take it appart and go at it again. There is technical manuals at the top of this forum that you can download. They will be a big help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.