Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the story on evryone changing the rear shock, is there something wrong with it i don't know about or is there just another one out there that takes bumps and endos better, break this 1 down for me too, i figure i gotta get more info on things i might be doing in the future. go me...lol

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The rear shock is OK for most riders. IF you plan to do any racing or very hard mountain twisties riding, the rear shock does not offer as fine of an adjustment, nor does it suspend as well as an aftermarket shock like penske.

If you are an average street rider you are fine with the stock shock, although you might want to get atleast a rear spring with the correct weight, and same with the front so that you can properly set the sag.

As far as endo's, I dont see any advantage to an aftermarket REAR shock :headshake

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tkanx for summing that up for me moto, there r no mountains down here, and i'm mostly a street rider, i'm only 160lbs. so i'd prob be better off staying stock. But thanx for breakin it down for me. later, KRUM :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts