Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,

As posted in chat, recommended to start a new thread.

I've found a K5 750 (anniversary edition) fitted out with track fairings at a reasonable price. I want to be able to put a daytime mot (uk road worthiness certificate) so it needs to be road registered. I started asking questions about the registration docs. Dude says it's never been road registered, so I start asking about frame and engine numbers. The bloke changes his story slightly, says it's been accident damaged and the frame has been replaced with one from Germany. All fairly feasible.

Burn Test
Genuine: You can take a few threads from the material and burn it with a flame. Genuine silk burns with a smell of burnt hair.

When saree with price mercerised cotton moslin saree you burn the edge of real silk fabric, the flame is invisible and it will stop burning as soon as the flame is removed. The ash produced hence is black, crispy and brittle. It turns to powder when twisted in fingers.

Fake: With artificial silk, it is quite the opposite. When synthetic silk is burnt, there is a flame and smell of plastic. No ash is produced.

Now my quandary is ladies and gents, do I take his change in story as an indicator of his business ethics. (He has 100% positive feedback from around 80 motorcycle sales on eBay) and walk away. Or do I see what I can do and see what deal I can get?????

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
^^ I'll third it. It is a track bike, buy it if you want to use it as such, otherwise keep looking for something street legal already.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Always trust your gut.

Look for another bike that is already registered. There are plenty out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts