Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new set of tires and since then, when i get up on it, generally at 100+ i get a terrible rumbling and vibration from my handlebars. Not sure where its coming from, but it feels like if i go any faster my wheel will fly off. Can anyone advise me on what this could be and how i can fix it...this 100 and under speed limit is KILLING me... :2hard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge they balanced the rim, i HOPE thats not something "special" that i would need them to do. I paid $300 for them, that SHOULD come standard, you know?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
If it happened after the tire was changed, the easiest thing would be to make sure they are properly balanced, if thats not the problem, then make sure the tires are properly installed and if thats not the case either then it sounds like you got defective tires. Take it back and have them re-balance them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good to me, at least that pretty much narrows out the idea that its the Bike with the issue, i didnt want to have to come out of more loot than i needed to. Thanks, i'll give an update on what it was after i get back.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You shouldn't have to come out of pocket with any money becuse it had to be something the shop did that caused it. good luck man!

·
Registered
600 Posts
ive had those stick on weights fall off...possibility? :headscrat

i know on cars you should make sure your rims are clean when they balance..any mud or what ever caked on the rims could affect the balance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOOHOO!!!! it was the weights, i guess they didnt have them mounted correctly, and they flew off...so i went back and that was the issue..thanks for the help...
160+ here i come!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Realblkman said:
WOOHOO!!!! it was the weights, i guess they didnt have them mounted correctly, and they flew off...so i went back and that was the issue..thanks for the help...
160+ here i come!!!!! :thumbup:
another reason to have clean rims when you get new tires mounted/balanced. The stick on weights dont stick good to brake dust and dirt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts