Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Suzuki GSXR-1000
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member here just trying to get some input and perhaps guidance. 2008 Suzuki GSXR-1000 is the motorcycle I'm referring to. I was side swiped about 2 seasons ago at a 3 way intersection. The vehicle brushed up against the left of bike from mid to rear of my bike which also slightly clipped my foot(didn't have much of an bodily injury at all), causing my bike to have that, death wobble per say for a few seconds, although I was able to regain control and stop my bike before I or my bike dropped. Question and concern I'm having is, I don't know much about bikes, but I replaced rear wheel bearing with a a/m race bearing last yr(don't remember brand or etc), replaced both sprockets and chain last yr also. Bearing I replaced when I removed rear wheel and took down to my job(auto shop), and had purchased a aluminum wheel bearing kit from snap on(one that you use the adaptor on the handle provided and hammer out bearing and vise verse for install. And replaced both sprockets that same day also, torqueing everything to spec. Although I do have an evil swing arm on my bike (bike was purchased stretched and dropped). After all said and done, my bike has a vibration over 60mph I BELIEVE from either misadjusted or not straight chain, bent rear wheel(or front or back as I can not distinguish what wheel it's coming from), or sprocket(s) issue due to maybe prolonged misaligned or not straight chain to wheel? I want to and will eventually have a bike tech check it out but I honestly don't want to end up with a place just tryna sell me services other than my concern and not solve my issue. To remembrance bike didn't really have a vibration before said event happened. How do I narrow down to what is the culprit? I got a gopro and recently purchased a suction mount thinking maybe I can see if the wheel is wobbly or not while riding over 60mph. But I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to bikes. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It is easy enough to lift the rear wheel, spin it and check how true it is. That would be my first step.

At the same time, I'd make sure the wheel turns freely but without any play.

After that, I'd check the tire balance.

Reactions: JBsNoOb

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
You lost me at 'stretched and dropped'.

Good luck. Liston to others like John, knows his stuff he does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts