·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an APE RSV4 RR ...

I miss my Gixxer dearly!

·
24,632 Posts
Yes, pics are required. 201 hp in a 397lb machine...you will hate it...no one wants that.

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
Beautiful bikes. I've been semi-lusting over a Tuono for years. Sadly, dealer support is nowhere in my area.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,684 Posts
Beautiful bikes. I've been semi-lusting over a Tuono for years. Sadly, dealer support is nowhere in my area.
Borrowed my brother's 2012 Tuono for the Smokies trip. Great bike but looking to refuel around 80 miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pros:
  • agility
  • quickness
  • sound
  • pure technical ability
Cons:
  • tooooooo light. Windy days are scary sometimes
  • bike is tiny, feels like i'm on a 300. I'm 6'1 210
  • support - there is no real DIY because everything comes from Italy. And good luck finding a mechanic
  • $$$ Everything is expensive as fuck! EVERYTHING
  • They're very delicate
Bike moves and to corner just think it and the bike will go. I just miss my 1 milli's weight. Still learning this bike and getting in tune with it....

Le Sigh

·
Registered
507 Posts
SCHWIIIIING ! ! ! I love that bike. Have been lusting for one over the last couple years, but... The whole expense thing has been stopping me. I learned this lesson with my BMW (car), that EVERYTHING is expensive, and SUCKS to replace.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SCHWIIIIING ! ! ! I love that bike. Have been lusting for one over the last couple years, but... The whole expense thing has been stopping me. I learned this lesson with my BMW (car), that EVERYTHING is expensive, and SUCKS to replace.
Forreal -- I replaced the clutch on it - $1200 and had to get the parts from Italy on rush order for an additional $125. Tires ... forgetaboutit! 200 rear tire is a bitch since the Q3 isn't available anymore. and the Q4 is a straight up track tire... unless you want new tires every season

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh BTW ... the SOUND! I start her up and everyone looks like WTF!!!! LOL

·
24,632 Posts
Yes, BMW is expensive but God Damn it is a whole different level of what should be. That steering tho....

These bikes are like models. Good to look at but you don't want to get married to them.
Seriously, if you could romp with a supermodel...every...weekend? This is WAY cheaper than real supermodels...maintenance on those is unreal. This is much more economical and doesn't object if you want to go out for a 10 hour ride on a Sunday....just sayin....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts