Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i had a quick question... my bikes been sitting for a while... i did a oil change about a year ago and its been sitting in my garage... should i change it again before riding or is it still good...

·
Registered
201 Posts
If it was my bike I would drive it like that and change the oil within 2k miles, but I'm sure others will tell you to change the oil again before you put your leg over it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Did you at least start it now and then or has it been sitting without running the whole time? Either way I'd change it but if you at least ran the engine now and then you'd be good to go for a bit if you wanted to prolong changing the oil.

·
Registered
20 Posts
check the oil if there are bubbles or the color is darker, then change it before. if not, i wouldnt but i WOULD change it after about 1000 miles.

if you dont decide to change it just check your oil regularly for bubbles. bubbles mean moisture, i believe.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
I would change it. Letting it sit so long will cause your internals to get all goopy. I try to start mine every couple weeks in the winter
Don't start it unless you intend to run it at full operating temperature (getting out on the highway) for at least a half hour. Otherwise, condensation will just accumulate in the oil and cause corrosion problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts