Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe youre the kind who likes to keep 2 feet on teh ground at all times. Or, maybe the kind who likes to do a handstand on your gas tank. post those pics in here.

·
Registered
280 Posts
is it just me or is skiing alot easier then wheelieing? i can ski with both feet on the ground any time i wish.. but i cant keep a wheelie up and going.. hah
:arsenal :lol:

·
Registered
949 Posts
is it just me or is skiing alot easier then wheelieing? i can ski with both feet on the ground any time i wish.. but i cant keep a wheelie up and going.. hah
:arsenal :lol:
for some reason i cant get my other foot on the ground. i ski on the left side of my bike. i've only successfully put both feet on the ground once. but now im scared to take my left foot off the peg.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Someone explain this to me. I've never tried it. I think it would be easy behind your bike but how do you keep your feet from coming out from under you when your on the side. Looks hard as hell.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Someone explain this to me. I've never tried it. I think it would be easy behind your bike but how do you keep your feet from coming out from under you when your on the side. Looks hard as hell.
u have 2 lean into the tank(on ur side)....support ur weigth with ur under arms,side of ur body. (makes sence :headscrat )

·
Registered
316 Posts
Skitching on the side of your bike is definatly easier than doing a wheelie. Now its a different story doing it behind the bike.
Usually people learn to skitch before they learn to wheelie, I did, but I haven't done it for a while. The good stunters tend to say that skitching next to your bike is for squids, when really, they're right. Anyone can skitch, it just takes some balls the first time you do it, doesn't take much skill at all.
Skitching behind the bike is not concidered a squid trick, especially if your gurilla rolling into it, or droping into it from a head stand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
skitching

the hardest part is getting back on. try it at around 30 and if u have to use th e front brake until u can run with the bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think its really easy but i cant wheelie but most guys here who wheelie wont attempt to ski and think im crazy

exactly how i am. ski is no probs, but i cant wheelie for shit. then my wheelie master friends tell me they stay away from skiing, cause it's too nuts.. wtf?? lol

me on my old R6

my friend gavin on his 03 gix-6

randy

kickin' it ! lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you are skiing to the left of the bike, put your left foot on the peg first when getting on. your feet should look like an "X" with the left crossing the right. and if you ski to the right(which seems harder to me) reverse everything mentioned above.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok thanks, it would seem like you would put your right foot back on the peg since its the closet to the bike(When skiing on the left) but you run into the problem of getting that right foot bike on the right side of the bike, and things could get ugly haha.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts