Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Another question how do you guys do that, when you have all types of potential hazards in the roads, like indentations, potholes, cracks and crevices, you know the little things that makes the roads unstable? Do you just lift your feet up when you see something like that? It would seem like the obvious thing to do since most of your weight is supported by the tank.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i sometimes dont even put my foot on the ground i hold myself up all together . but ive hit a hole or 2.. nothign really happened .. does smell like burnt rubber afterwards :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can hold yourself up with your toe just barely skimming the ground...

i learned in my cul-de-sac... went like 15, clicked it into N and hopped off, braked to a stop. then figured out how to climb back on.. its left foot first but its gotta be just a hop-back-on, you cant try push off the ground while moving or you could trip up big time.

after that just try em going at different speeds.. as odd as it sounds 70mph is no prob, maybe even easier than 20... once you get the balls to try it while going faster. its also funny to do if someone is riding behind you, i caught my friend in the face w/ my shoe rubber shreds lol

its super easy tho... i'd trade it in for a good solid wheelie anydays

be safe, good luck !

·
Registered
29 Posts
p.s. watch out for those white lane dots in the road though.. our friend was doing it down the freeway and hit one and his shoe went flying off lol... so he threw the other shoe over the side and stuck to doing wheelies in his socks ahahaha

·
Registered
316 Posts
Another question how do you guys do that, when you have all types of potential hazards in the roads, like indentations, potholes, cracks and crevices, you know the little things that makes the roads unstable? Do you just lift your feet up when you see something like that? It would seem like the obvious thing to do since most of your weight is supported by the tank.

I hit a reflector in the center of the highway with my foot. I thought it was was broke at first. It wasn't, but it was black and blue for a week or so.
You gotta pay attention.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I dont have any pics but it isnt all that hard... and getting back on is kinda simple to... though it does look alot better if you kick out of it and land on the seat... I have been told that this is done by pushing your toes downward and the friction will kick your feet up automatically... never tried that though... I havent even skitched in like two years though... kinda tears up your boots... I figure its like doin burnouts... shouldnt do it til your ready to by a new set of boots....

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah i've hit a reflector before and it still hurts.I did think it was broke but thankfully just bruised really bad.I can barely wheelie but skitching is simple. My friends think im crazy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
lol for real??

you can do it with any shoes... skate shoes worked for me. my friend had small tacks/nails in his shoes only to save his soles tho, it didnt spark or nothing.

once you figure it out it's not that great anymore though... i havent done it in forever too

·
Registered
7 Posts
question, so do you hold your weight with your arms and just basically drag your body? Is there an arm position? also I can get off the bike on the left side but when I do, have no idea how to support the weight of my body? (just a tad of my hip stays on the (side) of my bike to hold my body's weight)

·
Registered
578 Posts
i tried about a week ago and made the mistake of being a women (no offense just an experation) of trying about 30 mph. ended up having to slow down and walk it to a stop then tried today about 45mph and nailed it. pretty cool for a little showing off lol. but working on getting over smoother. my bike is lowered about 2" so it kinda a little harder

·
Registered
654 Posts
Way to go Pearl, yeah that trick is definitely the bomb when showing off, doing it around 45-55mph is better because you have more momentum going with the bike rather with it being all over the road. Any pics? I hardly see any chicks doing that trick.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ha ha thanks but im a dude. but no pics yet. my buddies are coming down to visit me this weekend ill have them snap a couple pics. its so easy and looks cool ha ha.sounds like a squid comment but damn i cant keep that front wheel up in the air so ill stick w/ this for now instead of beating on my bike ha ha

·
Registered
654 Posts
Oh shoot my bad man, I guess you meant you was being a girl by going slow, oh well. Once you do that, youll want to learn more. Keeping the wheel in the air, takes patience and practice, youll be there in no time.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts